Expert Info

Posted by bobcat_h
on 19 Dec 2018

Hello, I entered Zambia on a tourist visa and decided I'd like to undertake voluntary work in a hospital here (as I'm a doctor and have some free time here in Zambia). I have medical registration in Zambia but have just been told by immigration that I'm not allowed even to do unpaid work as I should have applied for a work permit whilst outside the country! I didn't realise I needed a work permit to volunteer so I didn't do it before I came. Is there any around this??

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!!