Expert Info

Posted by Flanagan
on 11 Feb 2019

Hi everyone!

I'm Giuliano, an English teacher, Italian with an Italian passport. My plan is to set off to Santiago de Chile next July in order to find a job and settle. Although I'm in contact with some academies, none has been able to put straight and clear whether it is possible to do it the way I'm planning to. But what's my idea? Basically, I just plan to go there, enter the country on a 90-day tourist visa, find a job, get a work permit with it. Is it possible? Or do I need to apply for a Resident visa before I fly to the country? Or is it only possible to work in Chile if one's employed beforehand?

Thanks y'all! Cheerio!

Flanagan on 11 Feb 2019

P.S.: I read that to apply for a work visa, a contact person who already resides in Chile is required. I don't have one.

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna Global

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International

Bupa Global

Bupa Global's international private medical insurance offers expats direct access to some of the very best doctors and hospitals in the world. Bupa is chosen by individuals who value expertise, freedom and quality. You can choose to see your preferred doctor close to home or a specialist in another country. Their health insurance plans are designed for day-to-day healthcare needs too.

Get a quote from Bupa Global