Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • the Netherlands
    Can anyone suggest or advise some suitable aras for expats moving to Holland?
    2 | 3 years 17 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    How easy it to meet and connect with Dutch people? Are the friendly and welcoming to expats?
    3 | 4 years 43 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Sick and tired of all the pessimism in the UK - not to mention the grim, grey days; Amsterdam seems like a damn good place to be, but just worried...
    1 | 6 years 32 weeks
  • Edinburgh
    Thinking of partaking in the general madness that is the Festival in August and was wondering what the chances of finding accommodating in Edinburgh...
    3 | 2 years 21 weeks
  • the USA
    My husband and I are moving from Britain to the US next year, and I'm VERY concerned about the standard/cost of healthcare in the US. The NHS has its...
    4 | 2 years 23 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi all... For some reason, I've always had this desire to live and work for a while in Moscow, and now it looks like I might be able to organise a...
    3 | 4 years 36 weeks
  • Switzerland
    Hello!  I'm planning on teaching ESL in Switzerland later this year, and am busy doing all my pre-trip research.... Are there any...
    6 | 5 years 7 weeks
  • New Zealand
    Hi Everyone... I'm planning on doing the expat thing in New Zealand, and just wondered if anyone could give me a heads-up about what to expect from...
    1 | 6 years 32 weeks
  • Turkey
    Does Turkey have a national health care system, and are expats allowed to sign-up? Also, what is the standard of care if so?
    1 | 5 years 16 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    I need to renew my residence permit and am Hep B positive, I've read conflicting reports on whether they test you for this still, and whether if...
    3 | 5 years 36 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi- My husband and I have just had an offer with Shell to move to Angola for a 2-year contract. It looks to be pretty gloomy place and as much as I...
    2 | 2 years 40 weeks
  • Japan
    I'm supposed to start Teaching English in Tokyo next month and have been getting increasingly FREAKED out given the MASSIVE earthquakes that keep...
    Zero | 6 years 32 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi - does anyone have good/bad recommendations on buying individual health insurance in Russia that covers the European medical centers/other...
    1 | 3 years 5 hours
  • Johannesburg
    Thinking of moving to South Africa, but worried about the safety situation in Johannesburg as I will be moving with my partner. I hear the safety in...
    43 | 2 years 48 weeks
  • Sydney
    I am planning a move to Sydney and want to find out about renting an apartment there. I will be staying with a distant relation for the first couple...
    4 | 4 years 27 weeks
  • Nigeria
    Hello, my wife has been offered a job in Lagos, Nigeria and is trying to encourage me to go with him, plus our two children! I am not sure if I am...
    4 | 4 years 49 weeks
  • I have a job opportunity in Bahrain but as you can imagine I am a bit concerned due to the recent reports of violence there. If there is anyone...
    Zero | 6 years 39 weeks
  • Cape Town
    We are moving to Cape Town in March and would like advise on the best international schools in Cape Town. We want to keep the children in the English...
    2 | 6 years 33 weeks
  • Cape Town
    Hi. I'm thinking about moving in to the inner City. The places I'm looking at all have great security in the building, but some don't have...
    2 | 5 years 50 weeks
  • Jeddah
    Hi. I worked in Saudi Arabia in 1998-1999. Back then I remember that women were not allowed to work (publicly), nor drive etc.   Besides the...
    1 | 6 years 33 weeks

Read more posts about