Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi, we have just moved to Abu Dhabi from Singapore and would like to get in touch with British and international expats. We were members of the...
    2 | 9 weeks 1 day
  • Portugal
    So, Im going for a extended stay in Madeira. and I am taking some painkillers called Citodon in swedish, they are 500mg paracetamol and 30mg codein...
    1 | 11 weeks 5 days
  • Israel
    I have been offered a job in Israel, and my potential employer is arranging the work permit for me. I am a mecahnical designer working in the...
    2 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Italy
    Greetings! I'm just beginning my journey to Italy. I'm going to go slow about this because it's going to be a big change for me. I am a...
    1 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Vancouver
    From next year, I will have the possibility to work in an American company as a service technician. The company will provide me the working visa for...
    3 | 11 weeks 5 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hello all, I've read that the town of Grantham in Lincolnshire is reasonably commutable to London and offers rather affordable housing. Can anyone...
    2 | 12 weeks 2 days
  • Mexico
    Hi! I'm a University student, studying a business and innovation topic and was interested in interviewing someone who does business (owner or worker...
    Zero | 13 weeks 1 day
  • Kuwait
    Hi I need one help. I am from India. I have got job offer of 1700 KWD per month as an Engineer in Kuwait. I am going to Kuwait this year. After six...
    1 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Canada
    Hi there, I am from India, currently working in UAE. Having 17 months kid. What I wanted that for the better and secure future of my son thinking to...
    1 | 13 weeks 2 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I am planning to move to Durban, I am worried about the safety life there as I am alone. I need to start a new life there. I have a job in Durban...
    4 | 13 weeks 2 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hello, I recently accepted a job offer in Hong Kong that is located in Shatin, New Territories. I am visiting Hong Kong in a few weeks and will...
    2 | 13 weeks 2 days
  • Dublin
    We'll move to Ireland in middle September. We'd be very grateful if anyone can give us some advice for good public primary schools in Dublin...
    1 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • Toronto
    My husband and I are looking to move to Toronto in the next year or so. We have a young son (currently a few months old) and a dog, who would be...
    1 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • Dublin
    We are visiting Dubline on 8th. September 2017 for 8 days. If any one can guide us to stay in any reasonable place like Bed & Breakfast included...
    2 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • the Netherlands
    Hi everyone We're planning on relocating to the Netherlands next year, and want to really do our research properly. I hope someone here can help...
    1 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Barcelona
    Hi guys, I hope there are some expats or travellers in Spain that can help me out here. I've got a great job offer in Barcelona and I'm due...
    2 | 10 weeks 3 days
  • Ireland
    Hello! I am the mother of two British/American adult children. Father born and living in Leeds, U.K.. My Son is moving to Ireland for school, work...
    1 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • Canada
    I am currently living in India and my brother lives in Canada and is a citizen. I wish to immigrate to Canada. I am planning to join a diploma course...
    2 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • Geneva
    Looking to move July 2018. My partner is already working there in the Lausanne area. My child doesn't really speak French nor me to be honest but...
    1 | 13 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    Hi, I will arrive tomorrow in Dubai to work. Just curious about tour guides, if it is common there to ask. thanks
    1 | 13 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about