Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Ireland
    My wife and I are considering retiring in Ireland in 2018 (from the US). I'm 57 and she's 56. And I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around...
    2 | 15 weeks 1 day
  • Germany
    i am moving to Powai in December with my husband, he will be working in Mumbai... last week we had a orientation trip to India so I was able to get...
    3 | 15 weeks 1 day
  • Ireland
    I am originally from Co Louth and my hubby is from Dublin. Currently living in West Boston area, we intend to move back to Ireland in 2019 after kids...
    1 | 15 weeks 2 days
  • Canada
    Hi Is there a difference between a local employment contract and an expat package in Canada? Do the expat packages in Canada normally include private...
    3 | 14 weeks 2 days
  • Portugal
    Hello all, I've received a job offer from a company that does celebrity newswriting based in Lisbon. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure I should take it...
    1 | 15 weeks 2 days
  • Poland
    I was wondering if I can get some insight on what a reasonable GROSS salary would be for a couple to live with moderate comfort level in Wroclaw.
    1 | 15 weeks 2 days
  • Vienna
    Good afternoon, My wife and I would like to apply for permanent residency in Austria. I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Canadian citizen. We have...
    1 | 16 weeks 11 hours
  • Guangzhou
    Hi there! I am considering moving to Guangzhou with my 18 year-old-son, who is currently studying Photography at the university in Brazil. I am a...
    2 | 16 weeks 1 day
  • Poland
    I am moving to Poland early next year. My company has offered me a salary of 13000 ZL. Base location would be Warsaw. I have a family of three (Self...
    2 | 13 weeks 6 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I have Critical Skills Work Permit VISA for 1 year Validity. I have a job and I would like to renew my VISA for 5 years and then I will apply for...
    4 | 15 weeks 6 days
  • Switzerland
    Hi - I am planning on moving to Switzerland either summer '18 or '19 with my wife and 7/8 year old son. Is there anyone who can provide...
    4 | 16 weeks 1 day
  • Germany
    Hi, I am planning to visit Germany soon on a Vacation and wanted to know if there are any good offers on SIM cards for travelers in Germany? Cheers...
    1 | 16 weeks 2 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello All, I have been reading many articles on health insurance requirements for sponsoring parents in the UAE. My work Visa will be out of Dubai...
    5 | 10 weeks 5 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello All, I am looking into an assignment in the UAE sometime early next year with my wife and kids. I have read several articles on this topic...
    1 | 17 weeks 2 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello All, There is a potential of an assignment in Abu Dhabi for me next year. I am a U.S national and working for a U.S publicly traded company....
    2 | 17 weeks 2 days
  • Antwerp
    Hello, My husband will start to work at Antwerp by 1st January . We have 2 daughters ; 7 and 12 years old. Now, we have to make 2 critical decisions...
    1 | 17 weeks 2 days
  • Thailand
    Hi, Can anyone please help me work out how much I take home after tax for gross salary of 121,970 Thai Baht? I have 3 dependants: spouse and 2 kids (...
    1 | 17 weeks 2 days
  • Dublin
    I have got critical skill work permit for Ireland , now I am applying for Employment visa. I have few queries. 1. Can I apply the visa for myself and...
    4 | 18 weeks 7 hours
  • Vienna
    My wife and I have been traveling to Austria from the States since 1993 on a near yearly basis. I am retired and my wife is nearing her retirement...
    1 | 18 weeks 1 day
  • Ireland
    I am Bulgarian citizen and my wife is citizen of Philippines We are planning to move to Ireland . My question is if she needs an entry visa and work...
    4 | 17 weeks 2 days

Read more posts about