Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • South Africa
    Hi, I'm a Software Test Engineer with 4 years and 10 months(around 5 years) of experience. I'm searching for a job and I stay in Midrand, Gauteng....
    Zero | 20 weeks 3 hours
  • Johannesburg
    Hi Can I register/license and insure a car if my visa status is a student visa?A student visa is structly speaking a longer term temporary residence...
    5 | 19 weeks 3 days
  • Ireland
    Hello, I am a European and I am planning to go to either Ireland or Scotland. I was a student in Scotland, but the fact they are not in Eurozone and...
    Zero | 20 weeks 1 day
  • Ecuador
    Hello We are considering retiring abroad. Ecuador is one choice. We are planning a visit later this year and wanted to correspond or have a guide to...
    Zero | 20 weeks 2 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    I am an Indian who has been offered a job at an University for the post of a lecturer at Abu Dhabi. Please guide me regarding the approximate cost...
    12 | 5 weeks 3 days
  • Australia
    hello all i am kamlesh from india i have done my MBA from india itself looking for a job in abroad my choice is australia so plz help me and sugeest...
    1 | 18 weeks 4 days
  • Ireland
    Hello fellow Expats! I'm moving to Cork, Douglas to be specific, to attend CIT in Bishopstown... I have found a car and have essentially...
    1 | 19 weeks 9 hours
  • Nigeria
    hello i am kamlesh from india i have done my master of business administration from india and looking for job. looking for job in nigeria how can i...
    2 | 1 day 11 hours
  • Oman
    Interested to know which Oman based tour company expat living in Muscat would recommend. We are looking for a a local tour/event company that can set...
    1 | 17 weeks 4 days
  • Mumbai
    Hello Friends! I am relocating from London to Mumbai at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone could recommend a shipping company for my...
    2 | 20 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    Was employed in Muscat Oman in May 2015 and had employment visa+resident card up till May 2017,but I had to come back to India because of family...
    1 | 21 weeks 1 day
  • China
    Dear users, Apparently proof of no criminal record is now required when it comes to applying for and renewing working visas in China (at least in...
    1 | 20 weeks 14 hours
  • Canada
    Hello, I'm hoping there are some chartered accountants out there, who have knowledge about the accountancy/finance professional qualifications...
    Zero | 21 weeks 3 days
  • Canada
    Hi guys So there's a lot of chat about the harshness of the Canadian weather - winters in particular. I've been looking online for...
    2 | 16 weeks 4 days
  • China
    Where can I find quality U.S. beef here in China? I do not see that in any cities here in China, not in Beijing or Shanghai or Guangzhou or... Most...
    1 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Australia
    Hi, I am a IT professional age over 40 but below 45. I estimated that i haven't sufficient points in visa 189 so that i look to apply Visa 186....
    Zero | 21 weeks 4 days
  • Turkey
    Hi everyone; I just need a bit of advice on international schools in Istanbul.We are moving (back ) to Istanbul from Uk and looking for a good school...
    2 | 21 weeks 3 days
  • Madrid
    Hi, planning to move to madrid early next year and trying to find an area on the outskirts of madrid so we can get a house. We have 1 child age 6...
    1 | 3 weeks 5 days
  • the USA
    Hi we have an opportunity to move our family from U.K. To USA my husbands job would be in Hawley Pennsylvania. Can anyone recommend a suburb within...
    Zero | 21 weeks 5 days
  • Kuala Lumpur
    Hi, I got a job offer from a Malaysian company and salary is around 13K MYR before tax and my office is near Kuala lumpur Sentral. My wife will be a...
    Zero | 21 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about