Accommodation in Floro, Norway

Keith Clark's picture
By Keith Clark - Posted on
12 July 2011
Expect to move to Floro for approx. 15 months in September 2011 and am having problems finding long term accommodation rental. Can anyone give me some contacts for rental agencies in the city?
Stephanie's picture

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
First off, Florø definitely isn't a city. It's a village (with a population of less than 20,000), and the official municipality is actually Flora and the greater county is called Sogn og Fjordane.

It seems pretty difficult to find long-term rental listings for the town and the surrounding towns on the Internet, so what I would suggest you do is visit Norways official tourism site and look at the fisherman cottages and holiday house listings. Try and get in contact with these people and establish a short term-rental, at least. Then when you arrive, you can make connections on the ground and sort something out for longer.

Stephanie's picture

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
Hi Keith-

One of our local Norway experts have suggested the following:

My first thought was that www.finn.no is the best place to find an apartment (or ANYTHING, for that matter!) in Norway.

Florø is a tiny hamlet of 8000 + people in a beautiful area called Sogn og Fjordane. Oil production is it's main economy now, but it's still a small place with a small market. I can scarcely find a real estate agent!

There isn't much on finn that's on the market; I could only find one place for rent. Here is the link: http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/result?areaId=20254

I don't know any destination service providers in that particular area, but any of the local real estate agents should be able to help. Keith will have to call or write an email to the different agencies. One is Sparebanken, and here is the contact page: https://www.ssf.no/wps/portal/3890/framsida/produkt?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/3890Innhold/SSF+Site/Products/Private/Eigedom/Eigedomsmeklarane

Another option is that the Comfort Hotel there can offer a long-term accommodation.

If you need more guidance and your company can't provide any relocation services locally, I can see if I can put you in touch with one of our partners here in Oslo who may have contacts in Florø.

Read more posts about Norway