Advice about moving to work in Ireland?

Fati's picture
By Fati - Posted on

I got a job offer of 30,500 Euros per annum from an Accountancy firm in Ireland. I am 21 years old and I'll be moving with my father from Saudi Arabia (we're ethnically Pakistani but have lived here in Saudi all our lives). The office is located in Leixlip, Kildare but I can't find any affordable accommodation nearby. How expensive is transport there? Will by monthly pay be enough to cover my expenses? (accommodation, transport, grocery etc). I am looking for a 2 bedroom flat anywhere near Leixlip or at most 40 mins from it.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

danielnash's picture
Last seen: 20 weeks 15 hours ago

Take more advice from here: https://www.mwll.co.uk/road-transport-in-uk.html

Brett's picture

Hi Fati,

Unfortunately, the cost of living in Ireland is generally quite high. Dublin is comparable with some of the world's most expensive cities, such as New York, London and Paris. However, with this comes a high quality of life.

The train system is excellent, providing a reliable and affordable way to get around. The Kildare railway station is a main stop on the Dublin to Cork line, so it should prove useful if you plan your commutes in advance.

Other public transportation such as the intercity bus service is equally punctual. They operate on roads considered to be the safest in Europe.

In terms of groceries and food expenditure, you're better off purchasing local goods and products. Avoid the more expensive supermarket chains and try not to eat out too much as this too can be fairly pricey.

I suggest you visit the Cost of Living in Ireland page for more detailed information. Please feel free to get back to me if you have any more questions.

Brett

Read more posts about Ireland