Posted by Justintime
Dear expats and natives, I've accepted a job offer in the Antwerp region and might relocate there soon. However, I have few questions that keep tormenting me: - is a salary of approx. 4000 eur net (14 times) enough to live a good life? Consider that almost 1/3 will be gone to keep paying for a property I own in the country I am coming from. - where is best to live? And what renting costs should I expect? I will be relocating alone since my spouse will join me in 1 year, so I would be OK with a studio or small flat to start with. - how is living in that region? Expat community, are people friendly, etc. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Nov 2016
Hello Just-in-time, I hope you have found a nice place in Antwerp in the mean time. Just to add: with a salary of 4000 euro net, you can live quite well in Belgium :) Did you know that only 35% of the Belgian people at working age are lucky to earn 3400 euro or more? And that 63% of the people at working age earn less? With a salary your range, you'll be part of the higher middle class here :) Enjoy your time in oure great city of Antwerp!