Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Advice for Abu Dhabi visa issue for my daughter?

eruudy's picture
By eruudy - Posted on
26 December 2016

my daughter is in grade 11 and my work visa doesn't cover her stay. Is there any school that can admit her and also grant her visa? Please let me know as she is due to return in a matter of days if this isn't sorted. Thank you ..

Meagan's picture
Last seen: 2 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 07/07/2016

Living in:
Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Edwin,

Unfortunately if you're not able to sponsor her stay via your own residency employment visa (outlined in the family sponsorship section on this page), she won't be able to stay. Without a visa, she'd be staying in the country illegally. Most if not all schools will require some kind of proof that the child is staying in the country legally.

Sorry to hear about your situation - I can imagine it's quite a disappointment to have to send her away - and I hope you manage to find a way to sponsor her at some point.

Your rating: None

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi

Search Expat Arrivals

Become our local expat expert for your area!

Become our local expat expert for your area! We are looking for contributors to help make this the ultimate guide for expats. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats.
Find out more.

Got a question about your new country?

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.