Advice for Gold Coast move?

Kylie_1203's picture
By Kylie_1203 - Posted on
16 April 2015

Hey! I am a single mom currently living in Washington State. After my daughter was born, I realized that the US does not truly value family time and is not conducive to being a single parent. As a single mom, spending time with my daughter is so important to me, but I find myself working non-stop to keep a roof over our head. I will be graduating with my Masters in Project Management and am currently a PM Consultant.

I have been researching places my daughter and I could move where I could still work in the field that I love, but have more time for her and family values are appreciated. We are looking for an adventure, and hopefully a place to call home! I am leaning towards moving to Gold Coast but have only ever been to Brisbane and Sydney.

I am looking for any advice as to how to start this process as it is very overwhelming - recommendations for networking, housing, Visa application process...pretty much anything! I am in no rush to move as I need to graduate (this coming December), and my daughter is still young. I was thinking of moving in the next 2-3 years, but being a planner, I want to start planning now!

Thank you in advance everyone!

Solutions For Immigrants's picture
Last seen: 44 weeks 1 day ago

Hi there Kylie,
Your above message is indicative of your values in life, and I admire you for nurturing these values. Investing your time in properly raising your children is the best investment one can do.
I am blessed to have been to many countries in the world (including the US, since my daughter lived there) and I strongly believe Australia can offer all that you are looking for. I have been living in Melbourne since the last 18 years and love this town. Melbourne has been officially named "The most livable city in the world" 4 times so far.
I am not a migration agent but I can guide you to a very successful and registered migration agent in Melbourne who will be able to assist you. Please let me know.
Helping immigrants is my passion and I professionally help immigrants to quickly survive, sustain, and thrive in Australia. I was interviewed by Expat Arrivals a few months ago and you will find my interview if you put my full name Rajiv Bedse in the search window on the top right hand corner of this website.
For more information about how I can help you in future, feel free to visit my website http://solutionsforimmigrants.com
Rajiv Bedse
Melbourne, Australia

Read more posts about Australia