Advice on moving from London to Muscat?

English Rose's picture
By English Rose - Posted on
04 September 2016

Firstly any advice from anyone living in Oman would be greatly appreciated so I hope to get a few responses. I have family friends in Oman and visited last year and I met a guy,we have been talking ever since and he has expressed that he wants to marry me, I have no doubts about him at all but am anxious about how I will adjust to the culture difference. I am of similar heritage, both east African along the line and am Muslim from birth so in some ways I don't think it'll be completely alien but I wondered what other expats had to adjust to

Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago

The fact that you have a similar heritage and background should definitely ease your way in adjusting to life in Oman, but the living experience will likely be quite different. We have an extensive expat's guide to Oman – a good place to start is our Moving to Oman page as well as our Culture Shock in Oman page. You can navigate to other categories like work, transport and lifestyle by using the menu bar on the left-hand side of the page.

Anonymous

Hi- I have a job offer in Oman as a spa/salon manager , Ive been asked what are my expectations but I have know idea regarding the rentals,and ..etc.
Can someone kindly advise please?

Thanks

Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago

Hello,

Congrats on the job offer. To get an idea of expenses, have a look at our Cost of Living in Oman page. You'll also find a table at the bottom of the page listing some common costs. Try drawing up a mock budget of monthly expenses and then use figures from the table to fill it in. You can also find more detailed lists by Googling Numbeo and Expatistan, both of which are specialist cost of living websites.

All the best.

Read more posts about Oman