Posted by kfoss13
Hi, I'm an American chef looking to move to Germany, I've already done research on the process but still have questions. First, I understand that it is difficult to find a job in Germany unless you are trained in an in demand field such as IT or engineering. I did graduate from culinary school with an associates in applied science, a two year vocational degree. Also I have read that you must first have a firm job offer before being granted a work visa. In my case it would be difficult to find a job in a kitchen without first being in Germany. Could I apply for my visa and then search fir a job once I am over there? Or would it be better(or possible) to search for a job once over there on my 3 month tourist visa, and then apply whilst there? Thank you
Anonymous (not verified) on 15 Feb 2016
Hello I am currently serving in the British army and based in North Germany. I am planning to open either American style sports bar or diner. Have the funding in place if you interested of maybe teaming up or have any ideas that you be willing to share please get in touch through my e-mail kozlov86@gmx.com