Hello My family and I have been offered the chance to relocate to Minnapolis from the UK. I am 32, my fiancée is 31, our daughter is 8 and we have another one due in December. I was wondering if anyone of a similar situation or who lives in Minnapolis can help us at all! Firstly would it be better if we were already married upon moving to USA? Where abouts are the nicest places to live? (My partner Is being located in the north of city so would need to travel to work but we do not want to live in the main cities.) We would love to live and find a happy, friendly and family orientated neighbourhood not to far out in the sticks though! Also the schools around the best area? Which and where abouts? Any advice really would be hugely appreciated as we are new to this! Thank you so so much Jo xx
cammy88 on 23 Jun 2015
Hello - I lived in Minneapolis area (primarily suburbs) for many years, attended high school and college there, go back to visit friends and family several times a year. First of all - it is a WONDERFUL place to raise a family! There are very good schools, good people, lots of cultural and sports opportunities. My suggestion is to talk with a good realtor who will work with you to help educate you on the neighborhoods. I know a very nice man there - works for ReMax and has been in residential real estate his whole life and does a lot of relocations for people transferred in from other places. Here is his email John.Prins@remax.net He is very trustworthy and if he is not the right person to help you, he should know someone who is. All the best to you on your expanding family and the big move! Carol Murphy