Any English speaking jobs in Montreal?

Clara Z's picture
By Clara Z - Posted on
Hello there

I'm going to study at McGill University and will probably need to have a side job, and heck I may end up staying. What are the chances of getting a job in Montreal if I don't speak French?

I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd ask. 

Thank you

Clara
Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Clara

Unfortunately the majority of jobs in Quebec require you to have a knowledge of French since residents have a legislated right to be served in French if they so wish. You can learn more about employment in the city by having a look at Working in Montreal.

The good news is that McGill University has a few programs to help students find work, and many English speaking students end up working at the university in some capacity. Have a look at their site for more on that.

Hope this helps,

Xavier
Your rating: None Average: 3.5 (2 votes)

Read more posts about Canada