Posted by Jalby
on 5 Feb 2017
Hi, my wife and I are thinking of accepting a job offer in Jakarta, The package includes 60 million for housing allowance. We are not sure if this is for monthly or annually. If it is for annually, would we be able to find a reasonable apartment for the 60 million amount.
Thanks Jalby
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Feb 2017
Hi Meagan, Thanks for your reply. I have contacted the employer and they state that there are plenty of accommodation apartments for that price around the area of work. After further research on the net we did find some within the price range but they are 30m to 60m square sized. A bit small to my liking. Will re-negotiate. many thanks
Meagan on 7 Feb 2017
Hi Jalby,

Best to clarify this with your employer before accepting the offer. From what I can tell, 60 million wouldn't be enough for the entire year, though it would be plenty for monthly rent. As you can see on our Cost of Living in Indonesia page, a one-bedroom apartment in Jakarta's city centre would set you back more than 10 million a month, which would add up to around 120 million a year.

stefanusohne on 27 May 2017
you can contact me: stefanus phone: 0878.846.326.17 email: stef_hamasaki@yahoo.co.uk