Applying for a work permit in Romania?

EmilyFung's picture
By EmilyFung - Posted on

I am a Hong Kong resident who has been offered a job in Bucharest, which starts in early August. Would I be able to enter Romania without a long-stay visa and apply for a work visa once in Romania?
Thank you very much in advance!
Emily

Hi Emily,

Yes, you should be able to do that, as Hong Kong citizens are allowed visa-free access to Romania for a period of up to 90 days. The same advice I gave to the US citizen in an older forum question applies: Can I enter Romania on a US passport without visa and apply for work permit once there?

Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

HOW CAN I GET THE WORK PERMIT IN ROMANIA IN AM THE CITIZEN OF NEPAL. WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURE PLZ BREFILY DESCRIBE ME ...
THANKYOU

EmilyFung's picture

Hi Meagan!

Thank you for your response! I have obtained my work permit and will be traveling to Bucharest soon. May I ask if you would know what department I have to go to in order to apply for a work visa once I'm in Bucharest?

Thank you very much for all your help and wish you all the best!

Emily

Read more posts about Romania