Applying for a work permit in Romania?

EmilyFung's picture
By EmilyFung - Posted on

I am a Hong Kong resident who has been offered a job in Bucharest, which starts in early August. Would I be able to enter Romania without a long-stay visa and apply for a work visa once in Romania?
Thank you very much in advance!
Emily

Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago

Hi Emily,

Yes, you should be able to do that, as Hong Kong citizens are allowed visa-free access to Romania for a period of up to 90 days. The same advice I gave to the US citizen in an older forum question applies: Can I enter Romania on a US passport without visa and apply for work permit once there?

Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

HOW CAN I GET THE WORK PERMIT IN ROMANIA IN AM THE CITIZEN OF NEPAL. WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURE PLZ BREFILY DESCRIBE ME ...
THANKYOU

EmilyFung's picture
Last seen: 42 weeks 18 hours ago

Hi Meagan!

Thank you for your response! I have obtained my work permit and will be traveling to Bucharest soon. May I ask if you would know what department I have to go to in order to apply for a work visa once I'm in Bucharest?

Thank you very much for all your help and wish you all the best!

Emily

Read more posts about Romania