Posted by seemakamaraddy
on 18 Oct 2017

I have got critical skill work permit for Ireland , now I am applying for Employment visa. I have few queries.

1. Can I apply the visa for myself and my husband together ? So that he can join me immediately in Ireland.

I read on the Irish immigration page that "Your family can apply to come with you to Ireland as part of your own visa application. Otherwise, your family may apply separately as soon as you arrive."

I am not sure to which extent the above statement is true and how I can apply the visa together?

2. If yes , could you please share the portal details how I can apply for together myself and spouse.

Appreciate the help!

EmmaL on 18 Oct 2017
Hi Seema

I think that the statement means that you can apply for both visas at the same time. So when you apply for your employment visa, you can apply for your husband's visa during the same application. Here's the link to the online visa application system.

If you're still unsure about the process, I would advise you to contact the visa section directly. Their contact details are on their visa contacts page. There's also a visa section attached to the embassy in New Delhi that you could contact. Where do you currently live?

Hope this helps
seemakamaraddy on 18 Oct 2017
Thanks Emma for the quick response as always!! Currently I am located in Bangalore - India. Ok for further clarification I will reach the embassy New Delhi or Bangalore visa section department. But just further to confirm , can I apply for both the visa at the same time , even though I have not yet traveled to Dublin - Ireland? I am commencing my employment on 2-Jan-2018 in Dublin.
EmmaL on 18 Oct 2017
Hi Seema

While I can't confirm, it does sound like you can and should apply for both visas at the same time if you want to arrive in Dublin together. Talk to your embassy - they will give you the best advice. 

When are you planning on leaving India? Do you have your accommodation sorted out?

It's only a pleasure!

Good luck
seemakamaraddy on 18 Oct 2017
Probably last week of December , not yet started looking for accommodation , concentrating on smooth visa process. :-)