Posted by amit jain
on 1 Dec 2016
We are moving to Shanghai - and prefer Bilingual School for my 5.5year kid. Understand these schools also offer international curriculum IB/GICES. Can anybody share experience and recommend a few. Thanks in advance.
Meagan on 6 Dec 2016
Hey Amit,

When you say bilingual, do you mean English and Chinese?

The Shanghai Pinge School might be a good fit for you (website here). It's a bilingual school offering the IB curriculum. You can also try the Yk Pao School (website here) which is also bilingual with a combined Shanghai and international curriculum.

We also have a list of recommended international schools in Shanghai over here which you may find useful.

What country are you relocating from?

Anonymous (not verified) on 6 Dec 2016
Dear Meagan, Thank you so much - but I understand these are Boarding school. No Day bilingual school ? I am in China Shenzhen, moving to Shanghai now.
Meagan on 6 Dec 2016
I can't find anything about the Shanghai Pinghe School being a boarding school, but I do see now that it's mentioned on Yk Pao School's website that they are a boarding school. It may just be that they have the facilities for boarding available, I'd expect that they'd accommodate day students too. The best way to find out for sure is to get in touch with the individual schools, I think.
tribettm@gmail.com on 8 May 2019

I have been offered a job in Shanghai as a Principal. Sad thing is that the school I am assigned to has no elementary. The school says they will offset the cost, but it is still very expensive. I was wondering about homeschool options as my wife is not working or if she does part-time. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.