Buying a Car in Spain

GlobalNomad's picture
By GlobalNomad - Posted on
29 December 2011
I have my Spanish residence visa and now I would like to buy a car with which to get around Spain. I'd prefer to buy from a private seller, as I don't have a huge budget. Can anyone recommend some online listings or print publications that can point me in the right direction - I'm based in Madrid.
Anonymous

Hi! Is your Spanish quite good? If so, you could try www.autoscout24.es, to look for a car "de ocasión" - second hand. You can set up alerts so that if the kind of car you´re interested becomes available you hear about it. I´ve been looking into buying a car recently and there´s quite a lot of paperwork involved. If you buy from a dealer they´ll take care of a lot of it.

Anonymous

You could try www.coches.net or www.autoscout24.com online but also just go round to your local corner shop (quiosco)and check out some car magazines, such as Autopista, one of the oldest. Also check out free newspapers such as 20 Minutos and ¿Qué?, often left lying around. Good luck.

Read more posts about Spain