Expert Info

Posted by
on 1 Mar 2015
My partner is Israeli and lives just outside Tel Aviv and I am British and a non jew but I would like to join my partner in Israel. Would it be easier to get married here in the UK and then move to Israel and apply for a B1?
Shantalie on 2 Mar 2015
Hi Wezleyquincy

Same sex marriages cannot legally performed in Israel, so if you want to get married it would be best to do it in the United Kingdom. 

From what I can tell, same sex couples can apply for a B1 visa. However, I don't know what the actual situation is in practice. I would suggest contacting a immigration for more practical information on the actual situation.

Read the Visas for Israel page for some background information.


Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global