Can I buy property in Italy?

Walid's picture
By Walid - Posted on
22 March 2017

Dear sir I'm Lebanese, I can buy a property in Italy ? I have a visa shenghen, and last year I register the fiscal code in Roma Italy. But I'm not leaving in Italy , Please waiting your reply to know if I can proceed to buy the property in Como Italy. Walid filfili Lebanon

Last seen: 3 days 2 hours ago

Hi Walid,

Yes, you should be able to buy property in Italy but it is a complicated process – to read an overview of the steps you'd need to go through, please click here.

The first step would be to hire a lawyer from your home country who has knowledge of property law in both Italy and your home country. They will be able to guide you through the process.

Do you already have a property in mind?

Alessandro's picture

The answer is certainly YES, according with the fact that Lebanon and Italy had ratified the reciprocity agreement or not; but in the negative case you can certainly set up an Italian company or other juridical entity and buy the property in the name of this one.

This is the right moment to buy a property in Italy as prices dropped up to 30%.

Take a look to this Market Overview, hope it may help:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1806354553019397/

A.

Alessandro's picture

A new Group on Facebook where people can share experiences and information bout property in Italy.
A valuable contribution to keep you informed on the Italian Real Estate market.

OVERSEAS PROPERTY IN ITALY:

Read more posts about Italy