Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Malaysia
    Is it hard to get a work visa for Malaysia? Any tips on making it easier getting through all the red tape?
    13 | 4 years 30 weeks
  • Kuala Lumpur
    What's the quality of life like for expats in Malaysia?
    2 | 5 years 27 weeks
  • Nairobi
    What areas should I look at in Nairobi as I set up base for two years? I want a nice residential area, with other expats around, not...
    4 | 5 years 4 weeks
  • London
    I've been hearing horror stories about people getting pushed under the Tube during rush hour in London. I'm a small-town gal about to make the move,...
    3 | 5 years 23 weeks
  • New York City
    Moving with my boyfriend - "the American" to New York City in two months. I can barely bring myself to buy boxes let alone imagine leaving my friends...
    3 | 3 years 46 weeks
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    I'm considering teaching English in Vietnam next year and I'm wondering if it's necessary to buy a car for the duration of my stay - should be...
    8 | 3 years 21 weeks
  • Zambia
    There's a possibility I may be briefly relocated to Lusaka, Zambia for six months. It's a short amount of time so I don't think it's worth it to open...
    2 | 4 years 47 weeks
  • Argentina
    I am three months away from my dream move to Argentina... I am very excited, but need to start drawing up a budget for myself. How much should I...
    2 | 5 years 23 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi Everyone! I'm looking for information about the cost of living in Angola.  I've heard it's a ridiculously expensive place to live!  Is...
    2 | 6 years 1 week
  • Abu Dhabi
    Is Abu Dhabi a safe place? I want to relocate there with my family, and just want to know if I need to worry about crime.   Thanks.
    2 | 6 years 27 weeks
  • Italy
    What sort of standards can I expect from the healthcare system in Italy as an expat? Is private health insurance realyl necessary or will I...
    1 | 6 years 40 weeks
  • Italy
    Can anyone give me an estimation of what an expat moving to Italy will find expensive or cheap? What costs surprised you - or gave you a shock?
    5 | 5 years 14 weeks
  • India
    I am excited about moving to India but am aware that there will be challenges and difficulties given how different life there is likely to be....
    5 | 5 years 33 weeks
  • India
    What are some of the challenges of being an expat in Hyderabad? Is life outside of work ok?
    3 | 5 years 30 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Can anyone suggest or advise some suitable aras for expats moving to Holland?
    2 | 3 years 25 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    How easy it to meet and connect with Dutch people? Are the friendly and welcoming to expats?
    3 | 4 years 51 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Sick and tired of all the pessimism in the UK - not to mention the grim, grey days; Amsterdam seems like a damn good place to be, but just worried...
    1 | 6 years 40 weeks
  • Edinburgh
    Thinking of partaking in the general madness that is the Festival in August and was wondering what the chances of finding accommodating in Edinburgh...
    3 | 2 years 29 weeks
  • the USA
    My husband and I are moving from Britain to the US next year, and I'm VERY concerned about the standard/cost of healthcare in the US. The NHS has its...
    4 | 2 years 31 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi all... For some reason, I've always had this desire to live and work for a while in Moscow, and now it looks like I might be able to organise a...
    3 | 4 years 44 weeks

Read more posts about