Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Dubai
    Myself and two friends have been living and working in Qatar for the last 2-3 years, but are now looking to move over to Dubai. The catch is none of...
    12 | 4 days 23 hours
  • South Africa
    We are moving to Abu Dhabi from South Africa. I want to know if I can bring my African Grey with me?
    1 | 18 weeks 3 days
  • Portugal
    Hello, My husband and I have been looking for an apartment in Lisbon for about 6 months. We have seen a lot of beautiful apartments, and even tried...
    1 | 16 hours 29 min
  • Budapest
    Hello, We're moving to Budapest from the U.S. in December and are looking for a pediatrician for our two year old son (someone who speaks English...
    Zero | 18 weeks 6 days
  • Ireland
    My wife and I are considering retiring in Ireland in 2018 (from the US). I'm 57 and she's 56. And I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around...
    2 | 18 weeks 6 days
  • Germany
    i am moving to Powai in December with my husband, he will be working in Mumbai... last week we had a orientation trip to India so I was able to get...
    3 | 18 weeks 6 days
  • Ireland
    I am originally from Co Louth and my hubby is from Dublin. Currently living in West Boston area, we intend to move back to Ireland in 2019 after kids...
    1 | 19 weeks 10 hours
  • Canada
    Hi Is there a difference between a local employment contract and an expat package in Canada? Do the expat packages in Canada normally include private...
    3 | 18 weeks 54 min
  • Portugal
    Hello all, I've received a job offer from a company that does celebrity newswriting based in Lisbon. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure I should take it...
    1 | 19 weeks 10 hours
  • Poland
    I was wondering if I can get some insight on what a reasonable GROSS salary would be for a couple to live with moderate comfort level in Wroclaw.
    1 | 19 weeks 11 hours
  • Vienna
    Good afternoon, My wife and I would like to apply for permanent residency in Austria. I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Canadian citizen. We have...
    1 | 19 weeks 5 days
  • Guangzhou
    Hi there! I am considering moving to Guangzhou with my 18 year-old-son, who is currently studying Photography at the university in Brazil. I am a...
    2 | 19 weeks 6 days
  • Poland
    I am moving to Poland early next year. My company has offered me a salary of 13000 ZL. Base location would be Warsaw. I have a family of three (Self...
    2 | 17 weeks 4 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I have Critical Skills Work Permit VISA for 1 year Validity. I have a job and I would like to renew my VISA for 5 years and then I will apply for...
    4 | 19 weeks 4 days
  • Switzerland
    Hi - I am planning on moving to Switzerland either summer '18 or '19 with my wife and 7/8 year old son. Is there anyone who can provide...
    5 | 1 week 6 days
  • Germany
    Hi, I am planning to visit Germany soon on a Vacation and wanted to know if there are any good offers on SIM cards for travelers in Germany? Cheers...
    1 | 20 weeks 9 hours
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello All, I have been reading many articles on health insurance requirements for sponsoring parents in the UAE. My work Visa will be out of Dubai...
    5 | 14 weeks 3 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello All, I am looking into an assignment in the UAE sometime early next year with my wife and kids. I have read several articles on this topic...
    1 | 21 weeks 10 hours
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello All, There is a potential of an assignment in Abu Dhabi for me next year. I am a U.S national and working for a U.S publicly traded company....
    2 | 21 weeks 5 hours
  • Antwerp
    Hello, My husband will start to work at Antwerp by 1st January . We have 2 daughters ; 7 and 12 years old. Now, we have to make 2 critical decisions...
    1 | 21 weeks 11 hours

Read more posts about