Can I move from Saudi Arabia to Oman on employment visa?

avinashchitnis's picture
By avinashchitnis - Posted on
21 September 2016

Hello I am Indian expat in Saudi Arabia, I have job offer from Oman. Can i directly go to oman on employment visa ? what will be the process for visa ? If i have to do medical test can I do it in saudi or bahrain or Qatar ? Please reply. Avinash Chitnis

Online
Last seen: 6 min 32 sec ago

Hi Avina,

The employment visa process is outlined in detail on our Visas for Oman page. Your employer will mostly be responsible for this, but you will need to provide certain documents.

Not all healthcare providers are approved for these tests, so you'll need to go somewhere that is on the list of approved GAMCA clinics. You should be able to do this in Saudi Arabia. Contact your local Omani Embassy - they should be able to give you information on clinics where the tests can be done. You can find a list of embassies here.

Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
avinashchitnis's picture

Thank you, will check with omani embassy

Anonymous

Hello I am pakistani expat living in Saudi Arabia with family, I have job offer from Oman. Can i directly move to oman on employment visa ? with my family? what will be the process for visa ? If i have to do medical test can I do it in saudi or bahrain or Qatar ? Please reply. Haroon

Online
Last seen: 6 min 32 sec ago

Yes, you can move to Oman on an employment visa. The procedure is outlined in detail here, but the basics are that you need an employer to act as a sponsor (which you have) - they should appoint someone from the company to assist you with the application. 

The medical test should be done before moving to Oman, and the certificate should be endorsed by the Omani Ministry of Health. There are designated medical centres that are endorsed; you should do the medical test at one of these. If you contact your local Omani embassy, they should be able to tell you where to go.

Should your family want to come with you and arrive in Oman together, they will need to apply for a family visa. If they want to join you later after you're already in Oman, they'll need a family joining visa instead. The processes for both are similar.

Your work visa and your family's visas will all be valid for two years.

When will you be moving? Have you made arrangements yet for accommodation?

Kind regards
Anonymous

I come to oman one month before on civil engineer job

My sponsor is not good not giving salary

I got UAE civil engineer visa

Iam going to india by telling sponsor to urgent work in india because i tell cancel my visa they don't cancel

Is there is necessary to cancel employment visa or without cancel the visa I can enter UAE

After that can I go to UAE

Online
Last seen: 6 min 32 sec ago

I think the visa would need to be cancelled. If not, you might face a labour ban, which would mean you can't work in the UAE for at least six months after leaving. First check your status online (click here for a guide on how to do that) and then get in touch with immigration in the UAE to find out what you need to do to avoid the ban.

Read more posts about Oman