Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Ireland
    Hi, Need advice. I have received a job offer in Dublin, Ireland. The employers are offering me 80k eur, but the role is on a 12 months contract. I...
    1 | 1 year 21 weeks
  • Oman
    I was over in Oman for two months and the taxi drivers were so bad I could hardly get anywhere, I recently read in the news they will be metered and...
    1 | 1 year 21 weeks
  • Munich
    I'm travelling to Munich for 6 weeks and have a 5 & 1 year old. Does anyone have any hints on where to look for accomodation? I need...
    1 | 1 year 21 weeks
  • South Korea
    What kind of visa will I need to enter Korea and work, even if its menial job? Or can someone help me with the visa process ? I will pay all charges...
    2 | 1 year 21 weeks
  • Australia
    Dear folks I am in a situation where I need advice of experienced people here. I was awarded skilled migrant PR visa subclass 175 back in Dec 2013. I...
    Zero | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Argentina
    Hi, I just saw an article on education in Argentina and it stated that homeschooling was NOT an option! I'm a bit confused since I came across...
    3 | 1 year 17 weeks
  • Montreal
    Can someone tell me if there are salary controls (on pay rises for example) on expats working in the private sector in Montreal?
    Zero | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Riyadh
    Hi, Can anyone tell me the cost of a working permit/visa for Saudi Arabia? Is there any documentation on the internet or does anyone have anything...
    1 | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Johannesburg
    Hi, I will be moving to Johannesburg in November 2016. I am currently staying in Tel Aviv , Israel, and planning to post (by sea) our personal...
    1 | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Shanghai
    Do you know local/ public elementary school around Yangpu or Hongkou which can accept foreigner student? pls provide school name & contact...
    1 | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Portugal
    My husband and I are both UK passport holders residing in the U.S. with a green card. We want to retire to Portugal in May 2018. How do we apply for...
    7 | 34 weeks 5 days
  • Spain
    Hi, My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Spain to retire and to that end are becoming increasingly fluent in the language. We have...
    2 | 1 year 17 weeks
  • Lagos
    I am having job offer for Lagosindustries.Is it safe to move to Lagos?
    2 | 1 year 9 weeks
  • Fiji
    Best place to buy a car in good condition, for a reasonable price in Fiji? 5/7 seater
    1 | 1 year 16 weeks
  • Fiji
    I would like to know if ex pats from Australia can access public hospitals or a pirvate doctor at his rooms when necessary, and if so what are the...
    2 | 1 year 16 weeks
  • Fiji
    Hi I am from UK and might be moving to Fiji shortly and would like to know if it is possible for my wife to work ? She has worked as a teachers...
    4 | 1 year 7 weeks
  • South Korea
    Hi I am a fresh graduate of computer science with some professional certificates in Telecommunication engineering. I have a relative in South Korea...
    Zero | 1 year 23 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello all, I arrive in Abu Dhabi late September for a new job and I am hoping from the research done so far that Al Reem Island will become my new...
    1 | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi all, Can anyone recommend any other websites other than Dubizzle and Auto trader to look for a used affordable on a low budget car? Also - any...
    2 | 1 year 22 weeks
  • Athens
    Where should we avoid? What are the costs of Villas with 2 or more bedrooms?  we are bringing 2 x small dogs- is it dog-friendly generally?
    Zero | 1 year 23 weeks

Read more posts about