Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi there, My husband and I are moving to Saudi Arabia from Spain as he has a job in the oil industry. I am a little apprehensive about the move but...
    4 | 1 year 13 hours
  • Singapore
    Singapore has an age limit for hiring employee? What is the chances to get employment pass for expat? I am 20 years experience working as an...
    1 | 1 year 4 weeks
  • Oman
    Hi Everyone, We will be moving soon from Egypt to Oman. Of course one of the main issues of settling in is furniture. We would like to buy from IKEA...
    2 | 51 weeks 3 days
  • Australia
    hello dear fellas. this is very important to me and i appreciate your comments so much. i am holding a permanent visa on 189 subclass. i am planning...
    1 | 1 year 3 weeks
  • Malta
    Hi just asking lots of questions and advice about moving to Malta can anyone help?
    5 | 46 weeks 6 days
  • Australia
    Hi there I am currently working in the Uk as a health and Safety Advisor.I am thinking about moving to Australia with my family,would anyone know a...
    7 | 36 weeks 4 days
  • India
    Hi all, ld really welcome anybody's views or opinions, of any Brits who have moved to Jaipur. Been inspired by the recent tele programme about...
    1 | 1 year 4 weeks
  • Cyprus
    my dad lives in cyprus and i want to go out and live with him . what do i need todo to beable to do this and what do i need to beable to work? only...
    8 | 51 weeks 6 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi, I am moving form Malaysia to Hong Kong soon with my wife and baby, getting job offer in HK. 1) Any decent and new apartment to rent, 2 bedroom,...
    4 | 40 weeks 1 day
  • Philippines
    Hello, I am retired. I am from the USA, but I live in Japan. I want to have a vacation condo in the Philippines. However, I am not sure if I should...
    7 | 38 weeks 2 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi there, I am currently a university student looking and wanting to stay in this country after graduating. What do I need to know to take the...
    2 | 28 weeks 1 day
  • Chicago
    Hi, I am a brand new member to ExpatArrivals and would really appreciate some advice. I'm from the UK and plan to relocate to Chicago, where my...
    2 | 1 year 5 weeks
  • Bucharest
    I am a qualified Chartered Accountant with 3years of experience. What is a rough estimate of the salary I could expect in accounting and auditing?...
    1 | 1 year 3 weeks
  • Canada
    Hi there we are migrating from uk to Canada we are looking in bc areas any recommendations?
    2 | 1 year 2 weeks
  • Norway
    I am moving from Canada to Norway and would like to bring my hunting rifle with me. Does anyone know what paperwork and costs are involved or could...
    Zero | 1 year 5 weeks
  • Dubai
    Hi! I am a 25 years old Portuguese woman and I have recently got an offer from an Hotel to do a 6 months internship in Dubai. They will provide food...
    3 | 48 weeks 4 days
  • Riyadh
    How can I sell some small household items please? I am moving and would like to get rid of some of my items.
    Zero | 1 year 5 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Hello, Im planning to move to Nicosia this summer with my 7-year old daughter. She will finish 1st grade of elementary school in Croatia and start...
    2 | 1 year 3 weeks
  • London
    Hi, I'm relocating to London along with my wife taking an intra-company transfer from India. I have few questions which I thought I will bring up...
    3 | 1 year 4 weeks
  • London
    Hi, I am sitting my life in the UK test on 15 Feb. If I am honest I am very nervous... I am try to practice as much as I can. I have read the book...
    1 | 1 year 4 weeks

Read more posts about