Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Taiwan
    Hi, I'm due to start a new life in Taiwan around September.   My fiancée has got a job teaching in Chang Hua, which is great, but I...
    Zero | 1 year 12 weeks
  • London
    I am a US citizen and I've been traveling back and forth from the US and UK for the last 3 years. I have a partner in the UK and want to live...
    1 | 49 weeks 6 days
  • Poland
    Hi I am a Filipino citizen, i have already an employer in Lodz Poland, i already have a work permit and contract. I also been in Malaysia for my VISA...
    Zero | 1 year 12 weeks
  • Malaysia
    I'm considering starting a food truck business in KL, and was wondering if that's allowed for foreigners or limited to locals. Incase it's doable,...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Johannesburg
    My family and I will be in Johannesburg in May. This is within a week and we still have not found a house to rent. We are looking for a 4 bedroom...
    2 | 44 weeks 1 day
  • the Algarve
    I'm having a hell of time getting any info. I plan to be involved with coaching the Algarve Sharks and I need to get into contact with a relocation...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • London
    My boyfriend and I are both from ireland but have been living in Toronto for two years. Our visas are up in October 2015 and we are looking into the...
    2 | 1 year 12 weeks
  • Israel
    Hi, i am saikumar I have some confusion about isreal work permit visa, Please tell me which age is eligible for work permit visa
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Vietnam
    Hi All Does anyone have any info/advice on the availability of purchasing or building a bar/restaurant aimed mainly for the backpackers scene in the...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Philippines
    2 | 1 year 2 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    I am being asked my minimum salary for a position in Saudi Arabia. From what I understand its a position working with the Saudi Military. I'm former...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Riyadh
    Hi,i am from india. it's been 2 months since I have arrived to saudi arabia .I got a good offer from an another company.I want to join there..I did...
    2 | 47 weeks 3 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi All, I'm hoping to work in Shanghai, can anyone please direct me to the popular job search websites? And are there any recruitment agencies I...
    1 | 3 weeks 6 days
  • Dubai
    Guys We are already in Dubai for a while but recently moved to a new residence(rented)in a compound, the sales literature describes the area "luxury...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi My name is Rahal and i am from India . i had offer from one Saudi company and i went through medical test and the visa is stamped which has the...
    1 | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Bahrain
    Hi There Could you please advise if medical test required prior to obtain a working visa for Bahrain If so where could I find the form Regards Khaled
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • San Francisco
    My family and I are moving to San Francisco later this year. We have 2 children under 3 and are looking at areas to live. Where do people recommend...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Aberdeen
    Hello, I am writing you in order to get an answer for my question with regards to buying a property in UK ( Scotland ). My actual status here in UK...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Singapore
    Hi there, I am from Perth working in a MNC as an Engineer. I have a small family of four members (Wife and 2 very young kids). The singaporian...
    3 | 49 weeks 3 days
  • Auckland
    Hi Fellas, We are a small family of four with two very young kids. Recently, there is a possible promotion opportunity in the same company where I am...
    Zero | 1 year 13 weeks

Read more posts about