Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Shanghai
    Hi There, I will be interning in Shanghai, China for a period of 6 months from Feb 2017 and seeking shared apartment for the duration of my stay. I...
    1 | 8 weeks 5 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi, I was applying for some internship in Shanghai and the company told me that they offer 4000 rmb a month after tax, that amount will last for 6...
    1 | 8 weeks 5 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi Guys I'm in need of a bit of advise, my Fiance is Malaysian and she is looking to move across next year for a few years while we build a house...
    3 | 8 weeks 5 days
  • Malaysia
    Hi Guys In a few years time I'm looking to move to Sarawak with my wife who comes from that part of Malaysia. I have read that they require you...
    2 | 4 weeks 1 day
  • South Africa
    Does anyone have a current timeline for the time it takes to get a Permanent residence permit? My husband applied in December 2015 and the consulate...
    1 | 9 weeks 2 days
  • Taiwan
    Hi, I am getting a offer from software company from taiwan. but I am hepatitis B carrier can I clear medical test for work visa and ARC.do they check...
    1 | 9 weeks 3 days
  • Malaysia
    I work as an expat teaching staff for an international school in Malaysia. I wish to change my work place to another Intl school in Malaysia. How can...
    3 | 8 weeks 5 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello everyone. I am currently living in Dubai. I know that there are a lot of tourist destination here. Like the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai...
    1 | 8 weeks 5 days
  • the Netherlands
    We are a family of three looking to move from the U.S. to Europe, but are having trouble deciding on a specific place. If it helps, here is some more...
    Zero | 9 weeks 6 days
  • New Zealand
    i am an indian citizen working in dubai as a physiotherapist.i would like to become a PR in new zealand,live and work status. i want to move my...
    Zero | 9 weeks 6 days
  • Valencia
    Hi, My husband and I are planning a move to Valencia mid-2017. We know the city well, I have a good grasp of Spanish while my husband is learning. I...
    Zero | 10 weeks 8 hours
  • South Africa
    Hi, I will be living in Cape Town for three months from February through May 2017 with my 8-year-old son. We are moving from the United States. I...
    4 | 8 weeks 6 days
  • Sweden
    I am planning on moving to the Stockholm area to pursue a PhD. I have an 8 year old child, and I would like to know where she would be eligible to...
    Zero | 10 weeks 1 day
  • India
    Hi all- we are relocating to Bangalore from Hong Kong and would like to look into bringing our Filipino domestic helper with us, as we consider her...
    Zero | 10 weeks 1 day
  • Dubai
    Hello, I just passed my driving test and now I'm planning to buy a car and from my childhood Ford Mustang has been a dream car for me but I have...
    Zero | 10 weeks 1 day
  • China
    I am living in Nanshan, West of SZ. Very close to SZ Bay. I searched on maps and found decathlon that does cheap deals for bikes but are they any...
    Zero | 10 weeks 2 days
  • the USA
    I'm an LGBT black man and have been thinking of moving to the US with my partner, but since Trump has been elected I've been really scared...
    3 | 9 weeks 6 days
  • Doha
    I was sent a job offer by a company in Doha, I have been emailing back and forth with a HR person for the company, but he is using a gmail address. I...
    2 | 9 weeks 5 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi, I really hope someone can help me with my question.I am actually in the UK and am asking on behalf of a friend who lives in Nigeria. What is the...
    7 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • the USA
    Hi, I'm an expat living in the USA and I'm very worried about the results of the US election. What will the situation be like for expats in...
    3 | 10 weeks 3 days

Read more posts about