Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

• Jeddah
    Will I be able to buy tobacco, filters and rolling papers in Jeddah? I think I'm allowed to take 500g of tobacco, as duty free, but wondering if...
    Zero | 5 weeks 15 hours
  • Thailand
    Hi there I'm going to Thailand for a working holiday, and will start off in Bangkok. I've heard a bit about traffic in the city being bad,...
    1 | 4 weeks 5 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Does anybody have Vonage for their home phone in Abu Dhabi? If so, does it work well? We are still in the US, moving to Abu Dhabi and can get Vonage...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Houston
    hi, i would really appreciate any information on living in or around houston and schooling. i am a british citizen with 3 children 1 16 yr old, 1 4...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Vietnam
    Looks like I'll be moving to Vietnam soon. Trying to get an idea on the expense of living, specifically as it relates to accommodations. I prefer a...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Qatar
    Hi Iam aviation professional with MBA (Mktg) and 20+ years of experience. Offered role of Senior Technical Material Planner by an aviation company...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Portugal
    Hi to all readers, I'm visiting the central area around Coimbra from 21st September to the 25th and looking for accommodation if possible. I can help...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • China
    Friends, I would be moving to China on a Z visa to work for my company in Shanghai office. I would be paid my salary in China. However, as part of my...
    Zero | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Norway
    Hi Expert , I am a skilled worker from India , and my current employer has filed a Work Permit for me and it is approved to work in Norway . However...
    1 | 4 weeks 5 days
  • Dubai
    I am a bit confused about the rules and regulations regarding work permit and residency and Employment Visa in Dubai and I hope you can clarify some...
    1 | 16 hours 28 min
  • Hong Kong
    Hi there, I have read through the forum and it is very useful. My question is if you think HKD 20 000 / month would be ok for food and fun for a...
    4 | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Germany
    Does anyone have any information on Biomedical Scientist relocations from UK to Germany? Specifically, Haematology and Transufusion and whether if...
    Zero | 5 weeks 3 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    I have been offered a job in Dubai, with the salary of 48K GBP. I would be potentially moving there with my wife and our two small kids. I would be...
    1 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Bangalore
    I am living in India with Business Visa. I don't have any salary India, have I need to pay any taxes? On the other with my business visa if I don't...
    Zero | 5 weeks 3 days
  • Hong Kong
    How can one get job in Hong Kong as Chemistry graduate?
    Zero | 5 weeks 4 days
  • Taipei
    Where would i get baby food like Lactogen/Cerelac ? Would i get pampers/huggies brand diapers in Taipei ? Please let me know the places
    Zero | 5 weeks 4 days
  • Jeddah
    Hi. I am considering a contract in Medinah in Saudi, and if I accept both myself and my wife will be moving to Saudi for between 2 and 5 years...
    1 | 3 weeks 5 days
  • Bahrain
    Hi, this is Vikas Agrawal. I am moving to Bahrain in the first week of October. The company is offering me a salary of 1156 BHD. I am an Indian. My...
    1 | 5 weeks 5 days
  • Jeddah
    I am very worried about my daughter's admission into the International Indian School in Jeddah. I have been trying to get her admitted for three...
    1 | 5 weeks 5 days
  • Portugal
    Hi there Moving to the Algarve with my husband and 2 kids. We are moving from the UK. I am concerned about us settling in and getting on well with...
    1 | 5 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about