Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Argentina
    Hi, I just saw an article on education in Argentina and it stated that homeschooling was NOT an option! I'm a bit confused since I came across...
    3 | 4 days 18 hours
  • Montreal
    Can someone tell me if there are salary controls (on pay rises for example) on expats working in the private sector in Montreal?
    Zero | 6 weeks 3 hours
  • Riyadh
    Hi, Can anyone tell me the cost of a working permit/visa for Saudi Arabia? Is there any documentation on the internet or does anyone have anything...
    1 | 6 weeks 5 hours
  • Johannesburg
    Hi, I will be moving to Johannesburg in November 2016. I am currently staying in Tel Aviv , Israel, and planning to post (by sea) our personal...
    1 | 6 weeks 9 hours
  • Shanghai
    Do you know local/ public elementary school around Yangpu or Hongkou which can accept foreigner student? pls provide school name & contact...
    1 | 6 weeks 10 hours
  • Portugal
    My husband and I are both UK passport holders residing in the U.S. with a green card. We want to retire to Portugal in May 2018. How do we apply for...
    5 | 1 week 3 days
  • Spain
    Hi, My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Spain to retire and to that end are becoming increasingly fluent in the language. We have...
    2 | 1 week 1 day
  • Lagos
    I am having job offer for Lagosindustries.Is it safe to move to Lagos?
    1 | 6 weeks 3 days
  • Fiji
    Best place to buy a car in good condition, for a reasonable price in Fiji? 5/7 seater
    1 | 3 days 10 hours
  • Fiji
    I would like to know if ex pats from Australia can access public hospitals or a pirvate doctor at his rooms when necessary, and if so what are the...
    2 | 3 days 9 hours
  • Fiji
    Hi I am from UK and might be moving to Fiji shortly and would like to know if it is possible for my wife to work ? She has worked as a teachers...
    2 | 6 weeks 2 days
  • South Korea
    Hi I am a fresh graduate of computer science with some professional certificates in Telecommunication engineering. I have a relative in South Korea...
    Zero | 6 weeks 6 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello all, I arrive in Abu Dhabi late September for a new job and I am hoping from the research done so far that Al Reem Island will become my new...
    1 | 6 weeks 1 day
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi all, Can anyone recommend any other websites other than Dubizzle and Auto trader to look for a used affordable on a low budget car? Also - any...
    2 | 5 weeks 4 days
  • Athens
    Where should we avoid? What are the costs of Villas with 2 or more bedrooms?  we are bringing 2 x small dogs- is it dog-friendly generally?
    Zero | 6 weeks 6 days
  • Canada
    A friend of mine told me this. I looked after it, but i only found it one time. So if im 17 years old, and both of my parents are driving for more...
    1 | 7 weeks 3 hours
  • Qatar
    AOA & Hi to all; I am an educated Pakistani (35y) working in a bank for the last 9 years or so. I want to move to Qatar for work/Residence....
    7 | 1 week 3 days
  • Australia
    Hi viewers, I will be moving from India to Australia shortly, I would like to know when I can buy a own house in Australia, how to get loans from...
    2 | 2 weeks 2 days
  • Thailand
    I would like to know, do you have any idea if an expat in Thailand didn't pay his/her credit card what will happen?
    Zero | 7 weeks 1 day
  • Germany
    Hello, I am a British citizen moving to Germany, probably temporarily, but not sure. I will still be working for a British employer and initially...
    1 | 4 weeks 6 days

Read more posts about