Posted by KariLee52680

Hello fellow Expats!

I'm moving to Cork, Douglas to be specific, to attend CIT in Bishopstown... I have found a car and have essentially purchased it... my problem is finding car insurance! I keep running in to the same issue, Sept 28, 2016 I was hit from behind while at a stop light... the driver was under insured, there were 3 vehicles that were damaged due to the stupid driver, so I had to file under my insurance. My claim paid out over $60,000 for attorney fees and medical bills as well as for repairs to be car. Because of this claim I keep getting turned down! Now a guy at Quote Devil told me I would only get insurance if I get a car less than 10 years old, the car I have in mind is a 2005 Mini. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice??

Thanks!

Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Jul 2017
As Americans, it was quite difficult to get insurance. We ended up using Allianz for insurance on our 11 year-old car. However, we had clean driving records. But Allianz seems to be the best company to work with to get coverage.