Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Dubai
    Hello I would like to open a bank account in Dubai as I travel there a lot. However I am not a resident and therefore I don't have a visa. I would...
    Zero | 1 day 1 hour
  • New York City
    Hi, Basically, in 2 years time i want to move to New York City in Brooklyn. I am trying to convince a friend of my to live with me since it will be...
    Zero | 1 day 4 hours
  • Portugal
    hi i am taking rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis and was wondering if this is available in portugal and also how this would affect me if we moved to...
    1 | 1 day 19 hours
  • Portugal
    Hi I own an apartment in Portugal (€100,000 worth) along with a couple of bank accounts and an ongoing mortgage on the apartment. Completed my...
    1 | 2 days 15 hours
  • Oman
    I have got a job offer in Oman but i have old TB scar but no sickness as i have completed all medication 15 years ago. Right now my sputum and blood...
    Zero | 3 days 6 hours
  • Johannesburg
    Hi, Just like you guys, I am also likely to relocate to jo'burg in Oct. Have a 6.5 year old girl in Standard I, CBSE-International Board (podar...
    Zero | 3 days 14 hours
  • the United Kingdom
    Good afternoon, I am a EU retired person of independent means looking to move to the UK to be close to my daughter and her family. Post Brexit I know...
    Zero | 3 days 16 hours
  • India
    Is it legal for India's Income Tax dept. to ask for a detailed listing of my US assets? I am a US citizen, but tax-resident in India. I submit my US...
    Zero | 4 days 10 hours
  • Oman
    Hello, I'd like to ask about the reasonable salary for a position of Quality and performance improvement expert (consultant) for MBA, Engineer and 17...
    1 | 3 days 18 hours
  • Budapest
    Hi, I have over 10 year working experiences and try to spend 2 year in study different field in Budapest for doing something different. Plan to bring...
    3 | 4 days 5 hours
  • Oman
    I have been offered OMR 1040 pm for Assistant Professor in Business Admin to work in Bakra,Oman. It includes all except air tickets and medical...
    1 | 4 days 19 hours
  • China
    Hello, After several years here, I will be leaving China at the end of my contract in a few months time. I estimate that the goods I want to ship out...
    1 | 5 days 15 hours
  • Spain
    Hi we are looking for a long term rental in the Torrevieja area are their any expat groups in the area? Does anyone know any good estate agents who...
    Zero | 6 days 6 hours
  • London
    I am a dual citizen born and raised. In the USA . Good time in my life now to transplant. Have spent a lot of time in London- even having lived there...
    1 | 4 days 19 hours
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi There, Our family is in the process of relocating to Jeddah and we are bit concerned about kids schooling. The reason being majority of schools...
    Zero | 6 days 11 hours
  • Malta
    Hi, could anyone recommend a website for Malta for properties except Zoopla and Rightmove, thanks.
    Zero | 6 days 12 hours
  • Beijing
    Hey all I am wondering if anyone in Beijing knows if it is possible and legal to change an extended student visa in to a z working visa? (I've...
    Zero | 1 week 11 hours
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi, I have been offered a job with a salary of AED20,000. I have 4 kids aged 16, 13, 9 & 6. I am not sure yet if this offer includes any...
    2 | 4 days 17 hours
  • Zambia
    I am Indian, recently moved to Lusaka. Wanted to learn musical instruments and swimming to make myself engaged with activities. Please let me know...
    Zero | 1 week 1 day
  • Indonesia
    I just arrived at Jakarta 2 days ago. I got my sim card and phone credit at airport. Now I start running out of it. Somebody told me that I can buy...
    4 | 3 days 23 hours

Read more posts about