Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • France
    Does anyone know of a decent website for long term house rental (12-60 months) for France? Looks like we will be transferred to Issy-les-Moulineaux,...
    Zero | 24 weeks 2 days
  • Shanghai
    I dont understand the system can you help me. Am I able to get FWP (Foreign working Permit) Im thinking of immigrating and being a Foreign Maid...
    2 | 24 weeks 21 hours
  • The Hague
    I start work middle of August in the Hague and will need to look for a place to rent for myself and my husband. Can you recommend any companies that...
    1 | 24 weeks 2 days
  • Portugal
    Hey, everyone! A friend of mine is relocating to Portugal from South Africa in three months and she is asking for any suggestions on good elementary...
    1 | 24 weeks 3 days
  • Philippines
    Sir/Maam! I have an overdue loan from Saudi Arabia British Bank SABB). When I file my loan the Bank and my company singed a MOA that if ever I will...
    Zero | 24 weeks 5 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    I have been offered a contract to come to Abu Dhabi that offers 10,000 dh a month, housing provided, as well as medical insurance and visa provided...
    1 | 24 weeks 6 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    My wife and I are considering moving to Abu Dhabi this year with our 3 children. 2 of the children are our children, while the oldest boy (12) is my...
    1 | 24 weeks 5 days
  • Lagos
    What is an average monthly salary for a steward/stewardess working 5-6 days/week in an expat home doing cleaning, laundry and some cooking?
    Zero | 25 weeks 1 day
  • Kuwait
    Hi, I am due to receive a job offer today or Sunday for a great job in Kuwait and I have a few questions which I'm hoping someone could answer...
    2 | 24 weeks 5 days
  • Vietnam
    I am contemplating a move to Hanoi, Vietnam in a few months from New Delhi, India. A few preliminary questions can really help me understand the...
    1 | 24 weeks 6 days
  • Doha
    My husband lives in Doha and works for Qatar airways. Being his wife how long will it take to get visa for myself( visit/permanent I want the...
    2 | 24 weeks 5 days
  • Poland
    Hi guys! I am finding it extremely hard to get the information I need, online. Hopefully you would be able to assist me or point me in the right...
    4 | 24 weeks 3 days
  • Norway
    hello,i just want to ask if there is possibility to get a PERSON NO. in National Population Register in Norway without my Visa yet or the Visa is...
    1 | 25 weeks 6 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    I am thinking of taking a job in the united Arab emirates but I have two cats I am from Canada and I won't leave them behind , thanks for any...
    1 | 25 weeks 6 days
  • Sweden
    I'm British, which means that for now I'm an EU citizen (till 2019, apparently, so we have to hurry!) and my wife is Danish. That means she...
    1 | 25 weeks 6 days
  • Spain
    My partner and I would like to consider Spain for retirement. If I understand correctly we can join the nation system after one year. I also think we...
    1 | 17 weeks 5 days
  • Italy
    Dear sir I'm Lebanese, I can buy a property in Italy ? I have a visa shenghen, and last year I register the fiscal code in Roma Italy. But I'...
    3 | 13 weeks 2 days
  • Malta
    Hello. My wife and I are planning on moving from North Carolina (US) to Malta before years end for a complete change of scenery. We are committed to...
    6 | 16 weeks 5 days
  • New York City
    Hi there, My husband will soon be relocated to NYC and I was thinking about taking some business courses for at least one year at a University or...
    2 | 26 weeks 5 days
  • Portugal
    HI I live in Sydney Australia and would like to move to Portugal. we are retirees and have 3 small dogs. would I be able to bring the dogs with us....
    1 | 26 weeks 6 days

Read more posts about