Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Ireland
    Hi All, I am planning to move to Dublin in the next couple of months after having lived in London for 10 years ( I'm an EU citizen). I would be...
    1 | 37 weeks 1 day
  • Austria
    Hi, My wife has just registered in Austria for residency and has received the "Anmeldebescheinigung" (confirmation of registration). I will...
    1 | 20 weeks 5 days
  • Poland
    Hi All, Could you please let me know, how much time it will take to get the Poland Work permit. In my case, i have applied 4 months back, but i have...
    Zero | 37 weeks 2 days
  • Melbourne
    Hi, I'm intending to move to Melbourne and I'm trying very hard to find more information on public primary schools For my 8 & 11 yrs old...
    3 | 33 weeks 4 days
  • Kuwait
    Hi everybody, I am moving to Kuwait soon and looking for an appropriate school for my daughter (soon turn 3). Does anybody have an experience with...
    Zero | 37 weeks 3 days
  • Australia
    Due to various reasons i haven't had time to use my Visa yet ( although i activated it). Im planning on heading to Australia this year. However...
    Zero | 37 weeks 3 days
  • Portugal
    Considering move from us to Peniche have been working as a financial advisor -, english speaker only, looking for info on how to find work at any...
    Zero | 37 weeks 3 days
  • Valencia
    I am looking for a shop that sells supra footwear because I love them and they are the only shoes that actually feel comfortable to me but I don't...
    Zero | 37 weeks 4 days
  • Vietnam
    I am retired and not looking for employment. I have been to Vietnam twice and have more than sufficient income.
    2 | 36 weeks 1 day
  • Italy
    I am australian and my partner is italian citizen, I have done the tourist visa many times but am needing to find a more permanent answer. We have...
    1 | 30 weeks 5 days
  • Qatar
    hi there' i am working in qatar for 5 years and 8 month. my question is if i go resign from current company, according new labor law can i come...
    2 | 3 weeks 4 days
  • Malta
    What are the best and most reputable websites ( housing, healthcare, cost of living) for those interetsed in retiring to Malta?
    1 | 25 weeks 21 hours
  • Oman
    Hi, I have arrived in Muscat, Oman on Work visa. Now I went for a medical check up to get the resident permit and as usual my chest B X-ray shows a...
    Zero | 38 weeks 4 hours
  • Kuala Lumpur
    Hey guys, I'm transferring over for a new job opportunity and I'm trying to get my bearing before hand. My work will be at the small airport...
    2 | 14 weeks 4 days
  • Poland
    hi, I have recently moved from India with my husband and live in Gothenburg, Sweden. I am a Communications Professional and am looking out for jobs...
    Zero | 38 weeks 12 hours
  • Cyprus
    I am a Canadian citizen and my wife and kids are both Canadian and Greek Citizen. We all live in Canada for now but we are planning to move to Cyprus...
    4 | 37 weeks 3 days
  • Portugal
    hi i want to have information how can i applay for workpermit in Portugal? and when i have admit my applictaion how long it will take time to get the...
    4 | 29 weeks 4 days
  • Ireland
    Hello. We are planning our immigration to Ireland. Our job will be in Cork city. We are 2 young adults and one toddler 2 years old. I would like to...
    3 | 21 weeks 4 days
  • Riyadh
    Hi My husband has been offered a position in Riyadh and if he takes it we will move there from Dubai. Does anyone have any experience of moving...
    1 | 38 weeks 14 hours
  • Romania
    I'm wondering if there is a lot of discrimination against LGBT people in Romania? I'm gay, but more obviously, I'm also a trans male. I...
    1 | 16 weeks 2 days

Read more posts about