Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

• Fiji
    Hey, I travelled to Fiji last year and totally fell in love with the place. At christmas, I am returning but I have plans to stay their more long-...
    1 | 25 weeks 2 hours
  • Qatar
    Hi there I was offered a job at a gas company in Qatar. I haven't really started looking into it yet but was wondering if there was anything I...
    1 | 25 weeks 1 hour
  • Abu Dhabi
    Deciding whether I should accept a job in Abu Dhabi. the salary includes benefits such as medical aid and a transport allowance, but no accommodation...
    1 | 25 weeks 6 days
  • Cyprus
    Hi there Thanks for the responses Xavier. I might actually stay in Cyprus for a year or two. The obvious choice would be to rent, but I was thinking...
    1 | 25 weeks 5 days
  • Kenya
    Hi there, Is there anyone in Nairobi that could help me. I am moving to Nairobi for 3 months to do a volunteer assignment. I am wondering what the...
    3 | 8 weeks 20 hours
  • Cyprus
    Hi there I'm going to be visiting my sister, who recently had an op in Cyprus. I don't want to ask to use her car (I'm weird like that I...
    1 | 26 weeks 1 day
  • Oman
    I was offered a job as a section sales manager. I'm not sure of the location but it's most probably in Muscat. However, the salary they are...
    1 | 26 weeks 2 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi, I am planning to travel to Hong Kong. Can you please help me to understand how difficult it is to get a job for an Java/J2EE developer with 8...
    3 | 22 weeks 2 days
  • Dubai
    My husband has shifted to Dubai for work purposes and my son and I have accompanied him. His project will take 6 months and am doing nothing at home...
    5 | 7 weeks 3 days
  • Oman
    Hello Which living style is suited for a person from another country working in Muscat with a salary of 115 rial with a free room?
    1 | 26 weeks 3 days
  • Kuwait
    Anyone got any insights to share about doing business in Kuwait? Might be moving there soon, but as a woman I'm not sure if I will fit into the...
    1 | 26 weeks 2 days
  • Cyprus
    Hi there I live in Latvia (long story) and my sister who has been living in Cyprus for the last two years has to go in for an eye operation (even...
    1 | 26 weeks 3 days
  • China
    i am new to China, and i got bunch of questions of my daily life here, no language, no friends. how can i survive?
    4 | 9 weeks 6 days
  • Kuwait
    Looking into a job in Kuwait. The money sounds great, I still just have a few concerns about living there. What are the housing options for expats in...
    1 | 26 weeks 2 days
  • Kazakhstan
    Hey guys, Got a fantastic job offer in Astana. Although its a great offer, I wouldn't have picked Kazakhstan as a place I really want to move to...
    1 | 25 weeks 3 days
  • Nairobi
    Hi there, My husband just got offered a job in Nairobi and now the whole family have this wonderful oppurtunity to live in Kenya for a year. My...
    2 | 7 weeks 23 hours
  • Hong Kong
    Can anyone advise whether a salary package of HKD 40-45K per month all inclusive is reasonable for a family of 4 which includes a 5 y.o & an...
    5 | 5 weeks 4 hours
  • Johannesburg
    Hello, I have a job stationed in SA. I would like to know for new comer to Johannesburg, what is the first thing to do when I get there at first week...
    11 | 22 weeks 2 days
  • Qatar
    my working visa was released but the profession is wrong. how many days will it take to change my profession?
    1 | 27 weeks 6 days
  • Fiji
    Hey, I am visiting Fiji for a month or two on my way Australia, where I will be spending a year on a working holiday. My biggest concern is getting...
    1 | 25 weeks 6 days

Read more posts about