Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

• Kazakhstan
    Hey guys, Got a fantastic job offer in Astana. Although its a great offer, I wouldn't have picked Kazakhstan as a place I really want to move to...
    1 | 24 weeks 3 days
  • Nairobi
    Hi there, My husband just got offered a job in Nairobi and now the whole family have this wonderful oppurtunity to live in Kenya for a year. My...
    2 | 6 weeks 1 day
  • Hong Kong
    Can anyone advise whether a salary package of HKD 40-45K per month all inclusive is reasonable for a family of 4 which includes a 5 y.o & an...
    5 | 4 weeks 1 day
  • Johannesburg
    Hello, I have a job stationed in SA. I would like to know for new comer to Johannesburg, what is the first thing to do when I get there at first week...
    11 | 21 weeks 3 days
  • Qatar
    my working visa was released but the profession is wrong. how many days will it take to change my profession?
    1 | 27 weeks 17 min
  • Fiji
    Hey, I am visiting Fiji for a month or two on my way Australia, where I will be spending a year on a working holiday. My biggest concern is getting...
    1 | 25 weeks 17 hours
  • South Korea
    I have passed my Korean language test but I still didn't receive my visa. Its been a year already. How long should it take ? Please share your...
    1 | 27 weeks 2 days
  • Hong Kong
    Dear All , I have been offered a job in Hong Kong , and all going well plan to move by November 2013. My office is located in Wan Chai.
    1 | 27 weeks 2 days
  • Mombasa
    Hi there, I've got a job offer in Mombasa and I am keen to accept it but first I wanted to get an idea about what the city was like. Is there...
    1 | 27 weeks 1 day
  • Zambia
    Going to be on contract on Zambia for a few months early next year. Wondering if I need my own car or if it's pretty easy getting around on...
    1 | 27 weeks 1 day
  • Oslo
    Hi, I am a tourist guide in Croatia and I have extensive experience in the tourism industry. I speak Croatian, German and English, and I started to...
    2 | 3 weeks 3 days
  • Dubai
    Hi everyone, I am new to Dubai & from the UK. My kids are going to a prominent private school and I have discovered that a number of the FS...
    5 | 13 weeks 1 day
  • Nice
    Hello I am based in London (middle aged, educated to postgraduate level in media) recently gained a B1 DELF in French which I know is not fluent...
    3 | 25 weeks 3 days
  • Singapore
    Hi We will be moving to Singapore in December and wish to decide on the locality of living based on the following factors: Budget : max 4000 sgd...
    1 | 23 weeks 1 day
  • Austria
    I am considering buying a property in Austria (Tyrol) and in the future moving there (within 3 - 5 yrs). I have been retired now for two years having...
    Zero | 28 weeks 18 hours
  • Manchester
    Hey there, I was wondering are there any expats on this forum living in Manchester, United Kingdom. I am from Australia, and I just got made a job...
    2 | 27 weeks 22 hours
  • Greece
    Hi there We've settled on moving to the northern suburbs in Athens and I was wondering about the best way to get around. I will probably be...
    1 | 26 weeks 2 days
  • Turkey
    Hi, We are looking to employ a UK passport holder in Turkey. What kind of expat benefit package should we expect to provide ?
    1 | 28 weeks 3 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, have read about European and American curriculam, wanted to understand if there are any Indian schools in Capetown ?? and if not which other...
    6 | 24 weeks 2 days
  • Sydney
    Hi, I will be moving to Sydney soon :) and have a four year old - she turns five next August. Just wanted to know what her day in a preschool will...
    1 | 25 weeks 3 days

Read more posts about