Posted by Donovanf1
I moved to South Korea recently under tourist visa but i have a job now and will like to switch to working visa Can i do that or will i have to leave the country first? If so do i have to go back to my home country or can it be some where near by?
Meagan on 26 Jan 2017
Hi Donovan,

Unfortunately you'll need to leave the country to change visa categories and get a work permit - you can see our page on Work Permits for South Korea for more info. I'm not sure whether it's required that you make the application from your home country or whether it can be made from anywhere outside of South Korea, but going to your home country and making the application there would probably be the simplest and best solution.

Good luck!

Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Apr 2017
Am in Nigeria but looking for a job in South Korea. How can I get a company that can send me an IV
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Apr 2017
I came to south Korea by tourist visa, now I want to start study here. Is it possible to get admitted in University and change my status to student visa ?
lukecromhout on 13 Apr 2017

First answer to Anonymous (07/0417):

What would you like to study? Have you researched which South Korean university might suit your interests? Why don't you have a look at this guide to education in South Korea?

As far as visa requirements are concerned, maybe check out this breakdown of South Korea's visas.

Second answer to Anonymous (12/04/17):

Have you already applied and been accepted for a job in South Korea? If not I suggest you have a look into what working in South Korea will be like, and then apply for the jobs that suit you? What kind of work are you looking to do?

After applying and being accepted for a position, your company should then send you an invitation letter/sponsor your work permit. For more information, see work permits in South Korea.

Thanks!
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Apr 2018
Hi, I am a B2 visa holder in South Korea and am oportune getting a job , how can I obtain a working Visa?