Compounds in Jeddah

Ma Kl's picture
By Ma Kl - Posted on
10 December 2011
Hello, I would like to know the names of good compounds in jeddah and the price of 3 bedrooms villas and a 3 bedrooms appartment (Unfurnished) Thanks
Stephanie's picture

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
It's difficult to say what's a good compound in Jeddah because certain compounds are most appealing to members of a certain demographic make-up. For example, there are particular compounds favoured by particular nationalities, and then there are compounds that are more mixed. Where are you from, and would you prefer to be with people from your country of origin, or would you prefer to be among people from a diverse background? 

Also, do note that unfurnished compound accommodation is far less common than furnished accommodation. Are you planning to ship your things? If so, it can be quite a hassle, and shipping delays may leave you with spartan surroundings for awhile? I would recommend reconsidering and taking a furnished option.

As far as cost, a 3-bedroom townhouse is roughly between 125,000 to 150,000 SAR; and a 3-bedroom villa is roughly between 150,000 and 250,000 SAR. 

You can find a good list of compounds here - Online Jeddah.com. I also suggest you read the Expat Arrivals Accommodation in Jeddah page. 

Your rating: None Average: 3.8 (6 votes)
DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Hi, There are many compounds in Jeddah and your choice will be influenced by a number of things. The biggest provider of accommodation for Europeans is Arabian Homes, they have good compounds, managed by Europeans with many types of houses and apartments although they are European in style which makes them smaller than houses on some other compounds. The compounds are in a good area and have all the typical amenities on site - shop, cafe, hair dressers, dry cleaners, recreation centers, tennis courts, gyms, parks nd many pools. Bassateen is another good compound with larger houses - more Arabic / American in style, there are more Leboneese people on this compound than European but it has a good atmosphere and similar facilities to Arabian homes. It is designed with central pool areas rather than small groups of houses round pools. One big advantage of this compound is that it is adjacent tot the British International school - so children can walk to school - all compounds tend to provide buses for school runs anyway. Shabattli is located east of Jeddah on the ring road with good access to the old town and industrial area - but it is far from the western schools prices here are a little lower to reflect its location but house are bigger I understand AL Bustan compound is very green but the villas vary considerably in standard - some are very good, others not so good. This compound is located just of the very busy Madina road which can be very congested prices here may be a little lower 3 bedroom villa / apartment will cost around 130-150,000 SAR - demand is high and so prices are increasing all the time at the moment and you may find you will be on a waiting list so it is wise to keep a number of options open There are other smaller compounds, some as small as 6 houses and some up to a 100 houses, services and facilities tend to be reflected in the size of the compound while size of houses and cost tend to better the smaller the compound. Hope this helps, you should find details of the compound if you google them - the web sites tend to be a bit old but most have floor plans of the house. - you may need to mess with the spelling because mine could be a little wrong - sorry If you have any problems, or the information is not exactly what you were looking for just reply and I will try to help David
Your rating: None Average: 4.7 (6 votes)
Anonymous

Good morning, I have a relocation company called Solución in Spain, I need to relocate families in Jeddah; do you know a good real estate, relocation to help me?? I know some compounds but I would like to have your opinion. Thanks a have a good day.

Anonymous

I am also looking for an apatment in a Compound in a part of Jeddah. Actualyy I prefer to live in a Compound but I don't need villas. Is it possible to rent an apartment in a suitable compound which should be part of Jeddah? Also what about prices ?
Thank you

DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Hi

There are loads of apartments in compounds in Jeddah prices start at around 50,000 pa and go up to 250,000 pa depending on size and location
Anonymous

Hey,
I am looking for an apartment in a Compound in Jeddah. I would like to live in a Compound but I don't need villa. Is it possible to rent an 4 bad-room apartment in a suitable compound which should be in central Jeddah? Also need to know the rental & location if possible the contact numbers as well,

Thank you

Anonymous

hi
can anyone tell me ..
is it possible for a single man to live in a compound in jeddah ?
thank you ...

DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Yes - no problem 

David
DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Yes - no problem 

David
Anonymous

hi, one bedroom? how much the cost will be?
thx

Anonymous

I am moving to Jeddah, is it possible to rent 3 bed room apartment for SAR 35000 in a. Compound near. British or American school.

Anonymous

Hello david i would really appreciate your help on this. I'm a 24 year old single male and there is a chance ill be moving to jeddah soon to work for a french company. I'm jordanian and a muslim but i've spent most my life in ireland i was just wondering how easy would it be to find a one bedroom apartment in one of those compounds because from the sound of things staying anywhere other than a compound pretty much means you're not going to have any type of social life. I would really appreciate any info you can give, also is it possible to have a social life without living in a compound?

Thank you

DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Hi

There are many one bed apartments on good compounds, and I think demand has gone down because there is a shift to families coming at the moment - a few years ago it was the other way round.

Social life is much better and easier on a compound but it is still possible to have a good social life when not living on a compound, you just have to work harded at it !

David
Anonymous

Hi there I am just wondering what can 50,000 Sr get accommodation wise in a compound in Jeddah?

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

I am looking for accommodation for 6 single males who can spend between 30,000 to 50,000 Sr each....

Thank you

Vincent

Anonymous

Looking for an apartment or villa on compound in Jeddah for myself and wife. me English.
No school age children but like decent secure place. Please call me if you know of any available tel 0599488 485

Anonymous

I am looking for a studio inside a nice compound in Jeddah with in a budget max SAR 45,000 please can u advice me accordingly.
my email address: rami.gharzeddine@live.com

Anonymous

Hello All,I am looking to move in a compound accomodation - 3 BR or 2 BR. I am looking for a compound which have few families of Indian nationality as well. My budget is between 50,000 SAR - 75,000 SAR. I can be contacted at

Anonymous

Thanks David Wright for your very helpful advice about the housing and the schooling above.We are looking for the nearest accomodation to the British school and Al Basateen Village is just opposite as you just mentioned!!! fantastic!

Anonymous

Thanks a lot David for your advice ...

I am looking for good compound in Jeddah studio or 2 bedrooms to have more social life in compound as I am getting married soon.

Is there a nice compound between 35,000 SAR and 70,000 SAR.

The compound I am looking for is where my wife can wear swimming wear (bikini ...)without any disturbance or crazy people as in other compounds...

I appreciate your advice .. and if there is a website that can help .., then please..

Thanks

Alan

the.odyssey@hotmail.com

Anonymous

hello , i'm french and i'm looking for apprt. for my wife and me in a compound in jeddah
no: o545472079 thank you

Anonymous

i live in flat outside the compound next to nada village and sharbatly compound
3BR for 24000
for 130000 you can rent very big villa outside compound

if you have children it's better to life in compound

Anonymous

Kindly i'm looking for a 1 bedroom appartment or a studio in a compound please contact me on my email adress ala2_md@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Hello there, I am moving to Jeddah on 15.01.13, has anyone know any good agents to show me around compounds

Syed Shahabuddin's picture

i'm looking for a 2 bedroom appartment or a studio in a compound near Jedda ring road. I shall be commuting to makkah every day.
please let me know if you know of such compounds and the contact info.
Please write on shahab44@hotmail.com

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, I am looking for a studio, or a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom in Jeddah in a compound, please drop a line on my email:
darwishabbas@gmail.com
Thanks

Anonymous

hello, i see that there is allot of demand on appartments but i cant see any suggestions, dear David your saying its not hard to find a studio and there are tuns of option, but you didnt give us a clew about where to look or who to ask, could you please be kind enough to give that kind of information, thanks

Anonymous

hello
I'm looking forward to going saudi arabia.
can you commend me some compounds in Jeddah?

Rami Hamouri's picture

Hello am Spanish citizen
living in Riyadh now, i would like to move anytime to jeddah , good compound with good gym and swimming pool. am alone by my self i don't mind if its big or small, my range rent is 50,000 up to 100,000. can pay extra as well for anyone to leave early. Please contact me

Anonymous

Hi..I am British, looking for a 3B appartment in a compound with my wife & 12 yr old daughter, who is a wheelchair user, hence, the need for access free facilities for her needs.

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Anonymous

Hi, iam tina and i have a planning to travel in jeddah,, have a western compund for rent a week, or month.. ..?

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia