Hello There is a great chance that I might be moving to Kazakhstan in the next few months. However, I am a little worried whether I would be able to lead a decent life with my family (7 people incl. me) and still be able to save. I am also concerned about finding and being able to afford an international school for my kids (5 years, 6 years and 12 years old). The job offers a salary of between $4000 and $5000, $2000 relocation fee and $4000 to cover school fees. Would this be enough or should I negotiate a higher salary? Thanks!

Shantalie on 25 Jun 2015
Hi Mlunigisi,

Check out the Cost of Living in Kazakhstan for a breakdown of expenses commonly experienced by expats.Much of your costs will depend on your lifestyle as well.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

vegan-rabbit-pie on 14 Jan 2019

If you earn that much and still worry about money then, well, no comment.. Try earning $500 a month and not be able to afford a date, let alone a family, and sending the kids to some posh school. Nothing against you, but some expats in Kazakhstan can only dream of what you seem to complain about.