Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Nigeria
    I am an Indian, Civil Engineer with 25 yrs experience. What salary should I ask for the position of Construction Project Manager for a MNC in Nigeria...
    Zero | 14 hours 6 min
  • Thailand
    Hello; I plan to move to Thailand with my two children. On the internet I only find expensive moving services or services that don't seem to pack...
    Zero | 4 days 19 hours
  • Abu Dhabi
    My wife works as teacher with a school in Abu Dhabi and draws DHS 5900 per month. She teach Maths in Year 5. Can she sponsor her husband and child.
    1 | 5 days 22 hours
  • Mozambique
    I am from Ethiopia. I am considering moving to mozambique for education in Eduardo Mondlane University for three years. Is 450 Euro per month enough...
    1 | 1 week 3 hours
  • Singapore
    May I know how an Expat can rent a place in Singapore? Appreciate if someone can guide me Thanks MS Goh
    2 | 4 days 19 hours
  • Saudi Arabia
    I am looking at a position in Saudi Arabia, but I am concerned I might not be able to take my parrot with me. I currently live in Australia, and...
    Zero | 1 week 20 hours
  • Czech Republic
    My husband and I are thinking about moving to (and retiring in) Czech Republic. My husband is a Czech citizen (native Czech speaker), though he has...
    2 | 1 week 13 hours
  • Singapore
    Hi, My name is Vinay .. I am from Hyderabad (India).. my condition as of now i am seeking to go Singapore since past 1 year , but based on my home...
    1 | 1 week 22 hours
  • China
    Do the locals here eat snakes? I have seen pigeons roasted and served in the local restaurants in Beijing and Guangzhou.
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • Dubai
    Myself and two friends have been living and working in Qatar for the last 2-3 years, but are now looking to move over to Dubai. The catch is none of...
    8 | 5 days 22 hours
  • South Africa
    We are moving to Abu Dhabi from South Africa. I want to know if I can bring my African Grey with me?
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • Portugal
    Hello, My husband and I have been looking for an apartment in Lisbon for about 6 months. We have seen a lot of beautiful apartments, and even tried...
    Zero | 2 weeks 6 hours
  • Budapest
    Hello, We're moving to Budapest from the U.S. in December and are looking for a pediatrician for our two year old son (someone who speaks English...
    Zero | 2 weeks 8 hours
  • Ireland
    My wife and I are considering retiring in Ireland in 2018 (from the US). I'm 57 and she's 56. And I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around...
    2 | 1 week 6 days
  • Germany
    i am moving to Powai in December with my husband, he will be working in Mumbai... last week we had a orientation trip to India so I was able to get...
    3 | 1 week 6 days
  • Ireland
    I am originally from Co Louth and my hubby is from Dublin. Currently living in West Boston area, we intend to move back to Ireland in 2019 after kids...
    1 | 2 weeks 21 hours
  • Canada
    Hi Is there a difference between a local employment contract and an expat package in Canada? Do the expat packages in Canada normally include private...
    3 | 1 week 12 hours
  • Portugal
    Hello all, I've received a job offer from a company that does celebrity newswriting based in Lisbon. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure I should take it...
    1 | 2 weeks 21 hours
  • Poland
    I was wondering if I can get some insight on what a reasonable GROSS salary would be for a couple to live with moderate comfort level in Wroclaw.
    1 | 2 weeks 22 hours
  • Vienna
    Good afternoon, My wife and I would like to apply for permanent residency in Austria. I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Canadian citizen. We have...
    1 | 2 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about