Does expired unused entry work visa for Qatar really need to be cancelled?

johnex's picture
By johnex - Posted on
29 September 2016

I have been issued an entry work visa but it was never been used and has not been stamped on my passport. The said unused entry work visa has already expired. Now, a new company wants to hire and apply a new entry work visa for me but they informed me that the previous entry work visa (which already expired) needs to be cancelled first. I referred my case to the embassy of Qatar here in my country and they informed me that once the entry work visa expires, it is considered cancelled or not valid. Now I'm confused. I do not know if the expired unused entry work visa really needs to be cancelled or not. If it really needs to be cancelled, how could I possibly do that since I'm here in my home country and did not entered Qatar? Can somebody give a clarification or advise on what to do regarding my case?

Read more posts about Qatar