Posted by Kmm
Hi, I am a 33 year old single Indian lady (of Goan origin) looking at settling in Portugal, preferably, one of the cities where I can earn a comfortable salary. I am a communications manager, holding a post graduate certification. What are the job prospects for a corporate communications-related opportunity in Portugal? I want to bring my parents along with me. I don't speak the language but am open to learning it. My mother speaks Portugese fluently. I'm keen on the country because of the culture, work life balance, senior friendly infrastructure and friendly atmosphere. Look forward to your response.
Meagan on 19 Sep 2016

Unfortunately it can be difficult to find a job in Portugal - most job opportunities are circulated via word of mouth so it can be difficult to find opportunities without a network there. As you are in communications, you may be able to work as a freelancer if you are so inclined. For this and other info about finding a job, please see Working in Portugal. You might also find the Visas for Portugal and Work Permits for Portugal pages useful.

Best of luck with the job search.

Anonymous (not verified) on 19 Sep 2016
Thank you for being so prompt Meagan. I'm really in love with the country so will work on the networking and consider freelancing.
Anonymous (not verified) on 1 Nov 2016
Compared to other Countriesortugal Gives amazing Opportunities to Foreign Nationals.i just got a Job in Setubal Via the Internet. So nepotism is not Really a Problem.Speaking Portuguese is Seriously Imperative to suceed in Portugal. Spoche es Portuges.