Posted by vivenn
Hi I will be relocating to Norway (Oslo) in a few months. I would like to enquire about English teaching medium schools around Blindern suitable for a 12 year old (Barneskole). My daughter does not speak or read Norwegian and while she learns this, I would like her to attend an English speaking school. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cayley on 25 Apr 2016
Hi vivenn,

Although residents of Norway have access to free schooling, many expats opt for private or international schooling. Private schools tend to be more affordable, and the language of instruction is usually a mix of English and Norwegian. In Oslo you'll also find several international schools offering the International Baccalaureate (IB), or the British IGSCE, and even French- and German-curriculum schools.

Read our guide to find out more about Education and Schools in Oslo.

Aside from English being the medium of instruction, are there any other factors important to you when choosing a school? For example, are there any extracurriculur activites you would like the chosen school to offer?

Cayley