on 14 Feb 2014
Will be moving from Texas to Indaiatuba in a couple months. Is there an expat community in this city?
Shantalie on 17 Feb 2014
Hi pbscmitz,

When looking for expat communities abroad, I think the best place to start is online - you can use internations or meetup to try and find expat groups in Indaituba.I think you'll also find lots of expats in neighbouring Campinas.

I would also advise you to take a look at this thread which follows a similar theme.

Good luck.
Xavier on 17 Feb 2014
Hi there

Unfortunately there isn't a significant expat population in Indaiatuba but a cursory online search turns up a few English speaking expats wanting to meet people they can relate to. On the plus side, you are fairly close to Campinas and Sao Paulo which both have significant expat populations.

Have a look at our interviews with expats living in Brazil, some of whom moved to smaller cities that don't necessarily have large expat populations. I'm sure their experiences could help with the adjustment.

Also, have a look at our Moving to Sao Paulo page to get an idea of what to expect from the city. We'll be adding new pages over the next two weeks or so, so keep an eye out.

Good luck!

Xavier