Expat women working in Saudi?

Parvathy SS's picture
By Parvathy SS - Posted on
23 February 2017

This is Parvathy S, from India. My hubby is a Civil Engineer working in Eastern province, Saudi Arabia.

Since am also graduated BE Civil, please if anyone guide me in fetching opportunities in saudi.

Also please explain me how to proceed further to work there?

Online
Last seen: 8 min 19 sec ago

Expat women don't often take up employment in Saudi Arabia and many find themselves suddenly in the role of a stay-at-home spouse. There is some resistance from some local employers when it comes to hiring women, although this is gradually changing. Women that do work in Saudi Arabia typically work in fields such as medicine, education and for airlines, but you may be able to find something in engineering. There is more info on life in Saudi Arabia for women here and here.

Since your husband is working in the same industry as you're looking to work in, might it be possible to explore opportunities at that company? In general, I'd think you'd probably have a better chance finding work with multinational companies with offices in Saudi Arabia – in other words, working for an international employer.

Best of luck with the move.

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Of course ex-pat women and local women work in Saudi. I have lived there and worked as a teacher and I have taught young adults vocational English to Saudi females to work locally

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia