Expat women working in Saudi?

Parvathy SS's picture
By Parvathy SS - Posted on
23 February 2017

This is Parvathy S, from India. My hubby is a Civil Engineer working in Eastern province, Saudi Arabia.

Since am also graduated BE Civil, please if anyone guide me in fetching opportunities in saudi.

Also please explain me how to proceed further to work there?

Online
Last seen: 12 min 13 sec ago

Expat women, and indeed local women, don't often take up employment in Saudi Arabia. It isn't unheard of or illegal for expat women to work in Saudi, but I suspect it wouldn't be an easy task. Typically, women are expected to do work "suited to a woman's mentality", which involve no direct contact as far as serving men go. Because of this prevailing mentality, I would expect that there would be some resistance on the part of local employers to hire a female employee. In addition, there is little public transport in Saudi and women are not allowed to drive, so getting to and back from work could be tricky. You can read more about women in Saudi Arabia by clicking here.

Since your husband is working in the same industry as you're looking to work in, might it be possible to explore opportunities at that company? In general, I'd think you'd probably have a better chance finding work with multinational companies with offices in Saudi Arabia - in other words, working for an international employer.

Best of luck with the move.

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Of course ex-pat women and local women work in Saudi. I have lived there and worked as a teacher and I have taught young adults vocational English to Saudi females to work locally

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia