Finding a job in Beijing

GlobalNomad's picture
By GlobalNomad - Posted on
14 June 2011
I formerly worked in the retail sector of Guangzhou for a year, but then quit my job because I thought I was moving back to Europe. Unfortunately I didn't count on falling love with a fellow expat I'd met in China who now has moved to Beijing. Long story short, I need to find a job in Beijing. Can anyone recommend some good resources?
Stephanie's picture

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
Most expat find jobs in Beijing in one of three ways:

1. You were headhunted, or you hired an executive search company to find you a placement
2. You apply for a Bejing job with a multinational based in your home country
3. You whore yourself out at every networking event possible and work the word of mouth channels hard until some other caring, compassionate soul in the expat community offers you a position

Otherwise, you can teach English.

Contacting your Chamber of Commerce in Beijing and obtaining a list of all the international companies/organisations may also be of benefit. Either way, finding a job in Beijing is going to take some time and determination. Though it will be a tremendous help that you already have some experience working in China.

cliffgao's picture

if you wanna learn chinese mandarin, you can email me princenudt at gmail.com

Anne-Sophie Bousset's picture

I recruit tech support technicians and team leads in Beijing so feel free to email me your CV/resume at sbousset@astreya.com if you have tech support experience.

Hope this helps!
Sophie

Read more posts about China