Hi There,

Can anyone provide some tips for finding a job in Switzerland ? How do I get the necessary work permit ?

Thanks
Jissmol Jinto on 22 Aug 2013
My husband is a chef with eight year experience.Now working in Italy as a Italian Pasta maker since 2009.He is also searching for a job
Jissmol Jinto on 22 Aug 2013
I am a staff nurse with two year experience in operation theatre.Now I am staying in Italy with my husband
Shantalie on 23 Aug 2013
Hi Jissmol Jinto,

Assuming you and your husband are both Italian you won't have too much hassle working in Switzerland, because being a citizen of a EU member state you do have the right to work in the country.

When it comes to finding a job though, you might have some difficulty as companies in Switzerland need to prove that a Swiss citizen can't be hired for the position before hiring a foreigner. It will be beneficial if you can emphasise any language skills you may have when you are applying for a job in Switzeland. Speaking French, Italian or German is considered advantageous.

For more detailed information check out the Visas for Switzerland and Working in Switzerland pages.

Good luck,

Binawi on 17 May 2014
Hi shantalie' Thank you so much for your time and consideration over 14 Years of extensive Information Systems & IT Quality Assurance experience. Expert knowledge of telecommunications, network infrastructure design, and protocols Expert knowledge in Information Systems I believe that my strong technical experience make me a very competitive candidate,please tell me how can i get skilled worker visa to Switzerland even sponsorship contract? I appreciate your help. Samir Cheers
Tim Alba on 18 Aug 2016
You can look for jobs at jobup.ch. There are lots of listings for many different types of jobs, both qualified jobs and less qualified.