Posted by lkj_ba
on 17 Dec 2017

I have just got a 6 months contract offer to work as an Orthopedic trauma doctor (SHO)at a University Hospital. The HR rep at the hospital has mentioned that they have submitted a General Work permit application which I should be receiving in the next few days.

I am doing some reading and for join a family member visa, there are three categories. Category A: Do I fall under this Category: Full time non Locum Doctors in employment
Category B: Non Critical Skills Employment Permit holders.

What is the quickest way I can apply for my wife to join me?
My question is:
I will be have to apply for a visa to enter Ireland. How can I get my wife also to apply and accompany me at the same time?
I am looking at the visa options and I see that that it should be under Long Stay>Employment that I will be applying for.
What type should my wife be applying for?
Can I add her to my own visa application or does she need to apply for a separate one? If yes, which one she should apply for?

Thanks,
Jennifer

EmmaL on 18 Dec 2017
Hi Jennifer

Have a look at our guide to visas in Ireland. Dependent visas are usually handled by the company you'll work for along with your own visa. Have you asked the HR representative to assist you?