Glotech Oil Services - A Job Scam in Nigeria ?

BygDee's picture
By BygDee - Posted on
09 April 2013
Glotech Oil Services: Hi. Has anyone ever heard of this company in Lagos Nigeria? I have an offer of employment which seems to be legitimate, but I would like to make sure. Please let me know what you know of this company before I waste the company's time and my time. Thank you in advance.

Hi BygDee,

You are wise to question to question the legitmacy of any job offer in Nigeria. 

There are a lot of job scams orginating from Nigeria and often they offer huge salaries, great employment packages, etc but will ask you to pay a fee for your visa. The scammers will then pocket this money and the job or work visa will never materialise. 

There are lots of people out there who are in a similar position to yourself and questioning job offers in Nigera - so read more here and here

y advice would be to start by asking yourself wether the offer is too good to be true. Is the salary similar to jobs you've had in the past? If it seems too good, it probably is. 

While I cannot say with any certainty that your job offer is a scam. There is currently a scam taking place using the Glotech name. The company seem to be aware of it and have made this statement.  

I
 hope this information helps. Good luck.

Your rating: None Average: 4.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

###############################################
www.glotechoil.com (GLOTECH OIL SERVICES) PLOT-27, MARINA ROAD, V.I., NIGERIA
I got an email from this website and attached pdf form to be filled and scan and send to them making it smaller in size !!!

Geotech Oil Services is also on the same address :))
So this one is sure to be a scam. Thanks Nigeria and Naija people !

Jairuz2003's picture

I receive also a job offer from Drillog PDL. It seems more legitimate to me since the company exist but the addresses wasn't include the HR manager in the loop. They have send an online interview questionaire and I gladly fllled out. I send it and they send a job offer that I think is too good to be true. In fact I was a little excited about the job offer but all change when they were asked me to give them 750USD as visa processing fee for the International Travel and Health Insurance. Initially, I was to contact a certain Mr. Nelson Jim them to Clement Ekpo then to Mr. Chukwuemeka. Now I have a reservation on giving this money since I almost feinted when they ask me for the money.

Jairuz2003's picture

Thomas Rock's picture

Hi, was the 750 for job offer or For your Insurance Certificate. You guys should be straight when posting on the internet, so you don't mislead us.

Jairuz2003's picture

No, as I posted, it is intended for the international travel health and life insurance policy. This is according to them was pre-requisite in getting the STR visa. They also given me the name of the Insurance provider which is Zenith but the money shall be wired thru Western Union or Money Gram.

Jairuz2003's picture

@Thomas RockNo, as I posted, it is intended for the international travel health and life insurance policy. This is according to them was pre-requisite in getting the STR visa. They also given me the name of the Insurance provider which is Zenith but the money shall be wired thru Western Union or Money Gram.

anonimous's picture

hI
if somebody can help me with this doubt about a job offer I received from Drillog Petro-Dynamics Ltd I will be very grateful,cause they are asking me for money to get an insurance certificate for the STR visa and work permit,would you help me about this please?
With the approval of the Board members of Drillog Petro-Dynamics Limited, we are delighted to formally offer you the Appointment to work with us in Drillog Petro-Dynamics Limited for the provision of Expatriates Relation Services for the period duly specified in your Offer Letter, please find attached Soft Copy of your Contract Terms of Employment for your perusal and immediate action if the terms of work is acceptable to you. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, dot your signature in the space indicated in the last page of the Offer Letter and return same back to us via email attachment within a period of 3 working days.

Once you accept and sign this offer, you are to contact the immigration lawyer with the below email address and request for information required to enable him process your STR visa. Please note that your consistency is highly needed to enable him do his job and get you STR visa on time, also endeavor to keep us posted as regards your progress with the lawyer.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Visa Information
The below email belongs to the immigration lawyer who will be in charge of your STR visa, once you agree to the terms and condition of this offer by signing your signature on the space provided, you are to immediately contact the below email address and let the lawyer know that you have accepted the job offer,then request STR visa requirements from him.

John Adewola Immigration Consultant
4th Floor, Adamawa Plaza,
Off Shehu Shagari Way,
Central Business District,
FCT Abuja,, Nigeria
Lawyer In Charge: Barr. John Adewola (Esq
Email: john.adewola@consultant.com,
Alternative Email:john.adewola@email.com.ng
Private Telephone: +234 7029 187 099

Upon receipt of the required documents from your side the immigration lawyer will secure your residence and work permit here in Nigeria and will contact the Nigerian Consulate in your country and fax all your documents to them to facilitate your visa.

Within a space of 7 working days after your papers have been faxed to the consulate, we shall notify you on when to go to the Consulate Office in your country for the endorsement of your international passport, brief interview and issuance of visa

Anonymous

Hi,anonymous,
Is this from one person or from different people. Because i can not understand all these. Plz, indicate your name, not anonymous.

Anonymous

this is fraud offer they will ask for money as consultancy charge, dont trust this people.

Anonymous

Hi this people call me already asking me about money for an insurance certificate,that is why I am trying to find somebody know about this to stop with the application

Anonymous

This people were insensitive. They are cashing on pure lies. I emailed Fast Recruit inquiring if a Nelson Jim was connected with them but they are saying that base on their previous complaint, people or groups uses their company's name to deceive people. Below were their latest reply.

"I have seen your enquiry but we do not have anyone with that manes in our company.

It must be a different one?

We came across in the past with similar problem."

Also the John Adewola is now harassing me with threatening emails.

Anonymous

I received an oppertunity,same high salary and benefits, human resourses dept head Maxwell obi. is it correct? Glotech has any sub agency
for prepare documents of job seekers??? like skyline travel Or madini tours and travels like?
if have any idea >>>>

Anonymous

Petrology Drilling Services can any body tell me more about this company is it scam or real

Anonymous

Have anyone ever worked for a company called "Petrology Drilling Services

Anonymous

Has anyone received an answer about "Petrology Drilling Services"? I too received an opportunity to work for them. Is this a legit company or is it another scam? I'm researching ...no luck yet. They found my information from Rigzone.com.

Anonymous

I also received a j9b contract from petrology drilling services they asked a total $1750 that included travel insurance and visa fee. I did my own research and there's no an address for this company.I look for this in google maps and the address is from Repsol in Irving Texas. PETROLOGY DRILLING SEVICES says in its web page that they are located beside Repsol Irvig TX but I called Repsol and they said that is not true.

Read more posts about Nigeria