Is Libya safe for expats?

Anil Khedar's picture
By Anil Khedar - Posted on
19 April 2014

i am going to libya in july month for computer engineer This countery is safe or not safe for outsider worker please note down Dangers Area name(there crime is high)

Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website

Hi Anil

Have a look at our Safety in Libya page which was written by a risk analyst. The majority of problems have been restricted to certain areas and where foreigners are affected, this seems largely restricted to certain individuals, such as diplomatic staff.

My advice to you would be to read up on the situation there as much as possible, and try and discuss the situation with someone who has recently worked there, or who is currently employed at the company.

Good luck,

Xavier

Anonymous

thanks Xavier

Expats Life Coaching's picture

Hi Anil, you are the second person I am responding to with a query on Libya. I have never been to Libya but this is what I recommend. I am an Australian Citizen and the Australian Govt. offers travel advice to its citizen at: http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Libya ........... This may not offer you full advice but will help. My word of caution ... whatever happens, do NOT give your passport to anyone, not even to your employer, regardless.
Let me know if I can be more help to you.
Please visit my website: www.expatslifecoaching.com and let me know how I can help you or your friends through my professional service.
Good luck.

Anonymous

Its better to stay india only...its not still safe for expats in libya.

Anonymous

Dear friends

I have been offered a job in Tripoli Harbour ( Western part ) is it safe to work in the present scenario pls advise

Read more posts about Libya