Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Dubai
    I'm a valid driving license holder in India, please let me know if I drive car basis my Indian driving license or not? If no, what is the procedure...
    2 | 34 weeks 3 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hello, I am from Turkey, my husband will work in Jeddah. I graduated from the best university in Turkey. My department is business administration....
    3 | 36 weeks 5 days
  • Oman
    Hello..Greetings from India.. Is a salary of OMR 3000 per month plus Accomodation, Car, Medical and isurance is a good offer. Is this a good enough...
    3 | 26 weeks 5 days
  • Israel
    Hi there! September 1 I move to Israel for on year post-doc research job, being paid by the uni via student scholarship. To obtain health insurance,...
    2 | 13 weeks 2 days
  • Istanbul
    Hi Everyone! I am seeking people's feedback on their experience living in Istanbul in terms of personal safety. I am presently living and working in...
    1 | 37 weeks 4 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    I have recently graduated from University with a BEng In Mechanical Engineering. Unlike other students I am 35 years of age with 14 years experience...
    Zero | 45 weeks 5 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hi, I have heard that Skype is not available in the UAE for chatting with family back home. What other options are available? Thank you for the...
    1 | 42 weeks 6 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello, I am a mechanical engineer offered a job In RAK with a remuneration of AED 2000 + Food and Accommodation on probation for 6 months. I would...
    2 | 29 weeks 4 days
  • Dallas
    Hi, Need some suggestions. I applied for H1B this year through a consultant in US and got through lottery. Recently, I also got my I797 approval. The...
    Zero | 45 weeks 5 days
  • Chicago
    Hi, I am looking at moving to Chicago with my husbands work. We have 3 kids and I have a lot of concerns about the US. First I grew up in Canada so...
    Zero | 45 weeks 6 days
  • San Jose
    We are a family of 4 and live in The Netherlands, and have been asked whether we would consider moving to the Bay Area (in/around Santa Clara, CA) on...
    Zero | 45 weeks 6 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi all, my kid is now 10 yrs old and he really love singing is there any private and professional singing tutor in hk? any recommendation? he needs a...
    Zero | 45 weeks 6 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi Friends, I am an Indian currently employed in Kuwait. I live with my family here; and my child is studying in 9th grade CBSE school. I have got...
    1 | 46 weeks 10 hours
  • China
    Does anyone know of any personal storage units (similar to big yellow storage etc) in Zhengzhou? I've been told that there are none but wanted a...
    1 | 34 weeks 4 days
  • Ghana
    Dear friends, I am coming Acrra, Ghana for next one year. I want to know the food cost at ghana. My employer will provide me residence and car for...
    1 | 41 weeks 9 hours
  • Hong Kong
    Hello Im moving to Hong Kong in a few weeks due to my husbands work. We are only going for a year but would still like to make friends settle in...
    2 | 40 weeks 2 days
  • Auckland
    Hi My family and I are relocating to Auckland very soon. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company and also any reviews on airpets, as have a cat...
    1 | 46 weeks 10 hours
  • Ireland
    Hi I'm looking at moving to ireland and starting a bed and breakfast can you tell me how to go about it please I would be looking at buying a 4 / 5...
    1 | 46 weeks 10 hours
  • Kuala Lumpur
    Hi, We are planning to move to Kuala Lumpur by Sept 2015. Can anyone please advise on a good school for my 5 year old, as well as a condo (apartment...
    5 | 31 weeks 6 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi, I am planning to move Arab Countries and then search for job over there. This was suggested by my friends and colleague. Who are living in Arab...
    Zero | 46 weeks 3 days

Read more posts about