Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Oslo
    We are moving to Oslo in April. We may rent a city 3BR apartment. Could anyone advise if unfurnished apartments include: - Washing machine - Dryers...
    1 | 37 weeks 6 days
  • New Zealand
    Hello everyone My husband and myself would like to relocate with our children (10 year old twins, 11 this year) and a son who will be 8 this year. My...
    2 | 39 weeks 3 days
  • Los Angeles
    Hi I moved to California from the UK in the summer with work. They used a temporary SSN number in order to pay me my salary while my new one came in...
    1 | 39 weeks 6 days
  • Bengaluru
    Hi, I'm from Australia and my husband, I and our two children (2 and 4) will be moving to Whitefield, Bangalore in a couple of months for work. I...
    3 | 2 days 17 hours
  • the Netherlands
    UK guy living 20 years in Germany moving to Holland...General info and info about TAX and Health Insurance... I'm a Musician moving to NL, When I...
    1 | 5 weeks 15 hours
  • Czech Republic
    I currently have a full time professional job in Germany but I plan to move in with my Girlfriend in the Czech republic. I hope that someone is able...
    Zero | 41 weeks 1 day
  • Dublin
    Planning to moving to Dublin from Hyderabad with family Its great that I found this forum where I can get help to make decision to move to Dublin...
    2 | 39 weeks 3 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    I am looking into private schools in Dubai and havnt heard back from any school yet. Do the private schools allow a student that has been expelled...
    Zero | 41 weeks 3 days
  • Berlin
    Hi, I'm an American chef looking to move to Germany, I've already done research on the process but still have questions. First, I understand that it...
    1 | 35 weeks 5 days
  • Canada
    Hi dear local experts, My husband and I are planning to move to Canada. We both work in advertising and Marketing (He is a copywriter and I am a...
    3 | 32 weeks 5 days
  • China
    My husband's company is relocating us to Shashi in Wuhan, China...... anyone who has lived or is still there can share their experience  or...
    1 | 31 weeks 5 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi there, I will be in Hong Kong for 6 months employed under a HK registered company. Just wondering how the taxes works for both HK and UK? Thanks!
    1 | 32 weeks 4 days
  • Spain
    Does anyone know of any transport companies delivering into the Costa Brava region, i.e. Girona, Barcelona?
    Zero | 41 weeks 4 days
  • Romania
    Any recommendations for great places to eat in Bucharest? :)
    1 | 41 weeks 4 days
  • Cyprus
    My wife and I are considering moving to Cyprus in the next 18 months . But possibly buying a property in the next 6 months . We have been to near...
    2 | 38 weeks 5 days
  • Qatar
    I've been offered a position within a company however I would have to go and get my RP. Apart from the medical reasons is there any other reasons...
    Zero | 41 weeks 5 days
  • Cyprus
    Hello We are a couple that have been on holiday to Cyprus many times in the last 20 years, we are both in our early 50's and feel the time is now...
    1 | 41 weeks 5 days
  • Melbourne
    I'm a 60 year old woman and I'd love to emigrate to the Western Suburbs of Melbourne from UK. My son and daughter in law emigrated over here...
    2 | 41 weeks 5 days
  • Dubai
    What if any, are the age restrictions for a work work visa for Dubai, (and other Middle Eastern countries)? Is it true that for some countries (which...
    1 | 41 weeks 5 days
  • Nairobi
    Hi all My company is giving me an option to move to Nairobi. I have a few questions I was hoping the expat community could help answer for me. 1. How...
    6 | 31 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about