Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Read our terms of use.
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi Guys I'm in need of a bit of advise, my Fiance is Malaysian and she is looking to move across next year for a few years while we build a house...
    3 | 1 year 26 weeks
  • Malaysia
    Hi Guys In a few years time I'm looking to move to Sarawak with my wife who comes from that part of Malaysia. I have read that they require you...
    4 | 30 weeks 3 days
  • South Africa
    Does anyone have a current timeline for the time it takes to get a Permanent residence permit? My husband applied in December 2015 and the consulate...
    2 | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Taiwan
    Hi, I am getting a offer from software company from taiwan. but I am hepatitis B carrier can I clear medical test for work visa and ARC.do they check...
    1 | 1 year 27 weeks
  • Malaysia
    I work as an expat teaching staff for an international school in Malaysia. I wish to change my work place to another Intl school in Malaysia. How can...
    3 | 1 year 26 weeks
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello everyone. I am currently living in Dubai. I know that there are a lot of tourist destination here. Like the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai...
    1 | 1 year 26 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    We are a family of three looking to move from the U.S. to Europe, but are having trouble deciding on a specific place. If it helps, here is some more...
    Zero | 1 year 27 weeks
  • New Zealand
    i am an indian citizen working in dubai as a physiotherapist.i would like to become a PR in new zealand,live and work status. i want to move my...
    Zero | 1 year 27 weeks
  • Valencia
    Hi, My husband and I are planning a move to Valencia. We know the city well, I have a good grasp of Spanish while my husband is learning. I will be...
    1 | 9 weeks 4 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I will be living in Cape Town for three months from February through May 2017 with my 8-year-old son. We are moving from the United States. I...
    4 | 1 year 26 weeks
  • Sweden
    I am planning on moving to the Stockholm area to pursue a PhD. I have an 8 year old child, and I would like to know where she would be eligible to...
    1 | 1 year 11 weeks
  • India
    Hi all- we are relocating to Bangalore from Hong Kong and would like to look into bringing our Filipino domestic helper with us, as we consider her...
    Zero | 1 year 27 weeks
  • Dubai
    Hello, I just passed my driving test and now I'm planning to buy a car and from my childhood Ford Mustang has been a dream car for me but I have...
    Zero | 1 year 27 weeks
  • China
    I am living in Nanshan, West of SZ. Very close to SZ Bay. I searched on maps and found decathlon that does cheap deals for bikes but are they any...
    Zero | 1 year 27 weeks
  • the USA
    I'm an LGBT black man and have been thinking of moving to the US with my partner, but since Trump has been elected I've been really scared...
    5 | 1 year 13 weeks
  • Doha
    I was sent a job offer by a company in Doha, I have been emailing back and forth with a HR person for the company, but he is using a gmail address. I...
    2 | 1 year 27 weeks
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi, I really hope someone can help me with my question.I am actually in the UK and am asking on behalf of a friend who lives in Nigeria. What is the...
    7 | 1 year 20 weeks
  • the USA
    Hi, I'm an expat living in the USA and I'm very worried about the results of the US election. What will the situation be like for expats in...
    3 | 1 year 28 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Dear All, I have been offered a position as a Manager Supervisor in Abu Dubai divided as follows: Remuneration Package AED Monthly Salary: 35,500...
    13 | 1 year 11 weeks
  • Manchester
    Hi there, I am moving to the UK from Ireland in June 2017, my son is currently in 3rd year of secondary school here in Ireland. He will take his...
    1 | 15 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about