I will be moving to Beijing in August to teach for 2 years. I am having a very hard time finding an airline that will transport my big dog (90-100#). I want to go from the US to Guangzhou (or any other airport) so as to avoid the quarantine imposed in Beijing. I got a quote from a pet relocation company - $9500 USD. Now that is really, really steep. I just can't do it. I don't want to put her in quarantine, because she doesn't eat when I'm not around. I know she needs to go on a diet, but she would be just skin and bones, if she lived at all. Does anyone know of a way I can do this. I just don't have this much money. I am afraid I will have to let my boss know that I cannot take the job. Thanks for any help!
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Jun 2015
Hi Emil, I hope you have either moved your dog, or made a decision. Assuming you have not, from what I read in other sites, you HAVE to send the dog into quarantine. Also, due to your dog size, you can only live outside the 4th Ring area, which I assume will be Shunyi - which is an hour away from the city and predominantly villas. This is what I gather from what I read from other forums. I am not in Beijing yet, also reading up to make my way there by next year.