Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Kuwait
    Hi I need one help. I am from India. I have got job offer of 1700 KWD per month as an Engineer in Kuwait. I am going to Kuwait this year. After six...
    1 | 15 weeks 3 days
  • Canada
    Hi there, I am from India, currently working in UAE. Having 17 months kid. What I wanted that for the better and secure future of my son thinking to...
    1 | 16 weeks 4 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I am planning to move to Durban, I am worried about the safety life there as I am alone. I need to start a new life there. I have a job in Durban...
    4 | 16 weeks 4 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hello, I recently accepted a job offer in Hong Kong that is located in Shatin, New Territories. I am visiting Hong Kong in a few weeks and will...
    2 | 16 weeks 4 days
  • Dublin
    We'll move to Ireland in middle September. We'd be very grateful if anyone can give us some advice for good public primary schools in Dublin...
    1 | 16 weeks 6 days
  • Toronto
    My husband and I are looking to move to Toronto in the next year or so. We have a young son (currently a few months old) and a dog, who would be...
    1 | 16 weeks 6 days
  • Dublin
    We are visiting Dubline on 8th. September 2017 for 8 days. If any one can guide us to stay in any reasonable place like Bed & Breakfast included...
    2 | 17 weeks 9 hours
  • the Netherlands
    Hi everyone We're planning on relocating to the Netherlands next year, and want to really do our research properly. I hope someone here can help...
    1 | 15 weeks 3 days
  • Barcelona
    Hi guys, I hope there are some expats or travellers in Spain that can help me out here. I've got a great job offer in Barcelona and I'm due...
    2 | 13 weeks 6 days
  • Ireland
    Hello! I am the mother of two British/American adult children. Father born and living in Leeds, U.K.. My Son is moving to Ireland for school, work...
    1 | 17 weeks 10 hours
  • Canada
    I am currently living in India and my brother lives in Canada and is a citizen. I wish to immigrate to Canada. I am planning to join a diploma course...
    3 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Geneva
    Looking to move July 2018. My partner is already working there in the Lausanne area. My child doesn't really speak French nor me to be honest but...
    1 | 17 weeks 10 hours
  • Dubai
    Hi, I will arrive tomorrow in Dubai to work. Just curious about tour guides, if it is common there to ask. thanks
    1 | 17 weeks 11 hours
  • Dubai
    Hi, I have been offered a Data Scientist job in Dubai. I want to move there with my wife, we have no kids. Salary on offer is 35K AED. Company will...
    1 | 17 weeks 11 hours
  • Abu Dhabi
    How to negotiate salary without losing job? I hade this email from employer (quoted below )and I need Your help to deal with it since I'm scared to...
    2 | 17 weeks 10 hours
  • Czech Republic
    Hi there, I've lived in the UK for the past 5 years and, due to family problems, had to go back to Lisbon (Portugal). I've been trying to...
    1 | 17 weeks 11 hours
  • Malaysia
    In 2008 I've been working for CGG Veritas in Miri, Borneo, Malaysia. I'd love the place. I'm a physician, retired in Brazil and wanting...
    2 | 12 weeks 6 days
  • Israel
    Can I get a work visa if my spouse is already working in Israel on a work visa
    4 | 17 weeks 3 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello I'm from Philippines and Im currently working as a housemaid here in Abu Dhabi for 15 days and I just found out that I can only have 1 day...
    1 | 17 weeks 6 days
  • Japan
    Hi I have visited Japan many times and am working in Texas and soon offshore on rotation and I have seen a few locations i would like to buy, I dont...
    Zero | 18 weeks 1 day

Read more posts about