Posted by neemitam
I am looking to move to Malta with my teenage daughter and cocker spaniel by December 2017. She has already sat an entrance exam at a school in Pembroke and it is hopeful that we will be offered a place in a few days. I have spoken with one estate agent so far with regard to property rental for a 6-12 month period before we buy a permanent home. I would like to live in the surrounding areas such as Ghargur, Swieqi, San Gwann, Naxxar, Mosta for this interim period but I am being pushed towards Mellieha. I am however aware that landlords are not keen to rent their properties to tenants with dogs. Does anyone have any advice on how they dealt with it? We currently live in the UK with access to a garden and suitable green areas to let our dog off lead. I appreciate that it will be different living in Malta with a dog etiquette wise so I feel I need to be educated on all things dog related. For example, if I wanted to rent an apartment or maisonette or terraced house with a dog, is this permitted? My dog is totally house trained so if there is no access to a garden or green area, where do pet owners take their dogs to do their "business" as I don't think inner courtyards are appropriate. Where is suitable for long off lead walks? Which beaches are dog friendly? Are there any good dog relocation companies that you can recommend? Finally, are there good day care and holiday boarding facilities for dogs? I have found one but it doesn't cover Mellieha. So many questions I know, but all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
EmmaKP on 8 Apr 2019

Hi There, I wanted to ask if you found a suitable place and answers to your questions? I have similar ones :)