on 20 Dec 2014
Hi, I want to know that Can employer apply for work permit before expat reach to Egypt? If yes how much time does it take in processing of work permit?
Anonymous (not verified) on 28 Dec 2014
Hi I am azhar uddin I need visa for work. How much cost for visa.
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 Feb 2017
I came in Egypt with a visiting visa good luck I got job how can I apply for residential visa kindly help
Meagan on 24 Feb 2017

You'll need a work permit to legally work in Egypt. Normally the employer will do most of the paperwork for this. As you mentioned, you'll also need a residence permit. Your employer can probably give you advice on how to apply for this, too. You can also try getting in touch with the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as they should be able to tell you how to apply. For more info, see our pages on Work Permits for Egypt and Visas for Egypt